Rochester and Cincinnati All-Purpose Thread 2022-2023 Season (Conference Finals: Hershey wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Rochester forwards as of now

Murray Krebs/R2 Rousek
Biro XXXXXXX Cederqvist
Mersch Malone Rosen
Weissbach Pekar Kisakov
Passolt Jobst Olischefski
Updating your list.

Murray Sheahan Rousek
Mersch Biro Cederqvist
Weissbach Malone Rosen
Warren Pekar Kisakov
Passolt Jobst Olischefski

LD
Pilut
Clague
Davies
Tischke

RD
Prow
Priskie
Laaksonen
Eliot
Berzolla

G
UPL
Subban
Houser
Warm

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1660836004991.png

All of the AHL only guys thus far.

Reactions: Jacob582

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Taiwan is a much better place for hockey fundamentally. Because they know that a tai is worth wan.

• Haha
Reactions: michaelsaas

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I find it interesting that Rochester is spending about $3.8M on high end AHL'ers not on their ELC (assuming Prow and Mersch make $300K).

I was thinking that signing five defensemen and two goalies each over $300K is somewhat unique. I acknowledge that this is necessitated by lack of depth at these positions. But they specifically decided to sign expensive vets rather than cheaper options.

I'm not going to do a study of other teams, but I did pick a random team (one who has had an interal budget in the past). Nashville. They signed three UFA defensmen to such deals. Each was two year deals. I noticed other teams signing depth players for over $400K. So certainy we are not unique in paying for depth players/defensemen.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone have thoughts on line combos?

Malone and Mersch are the returning vet scorers and worked well together and apart at times last season. Mersch would give some of the smaller guys some mass on a line and of course Malone is pretty gritty. Weissbach seems like he'll get top 6 time, probably Rousek as well. How they work the kids in and can they come up with a way to not be just pushed all over the ice by bigger teams is going to be interesting too.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Malone and Mersch are the returning vet scorers and worked well together and apart at times last season. Mersch would give some of the smaller guys some mass on a line and of course Malone is pretty gritty. Weissbach seems like he'll get top 6 time, probably Rousek as well. How they work the kids in and can they come up with a way to not be just pushed all over the ice by bigger teams is going to be interesting too.
Good points. With Kozak, Kulich and Rosen joining the regulars, they'll need some help with hack teams.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Amerks Training Camp starts Tuesday, October 4, 2022 with on-ice training session at 11 a.m.

The training camp roster can be found here.

Rochester’s training camp roster features 33 players, including 15 that appeared in at least one game with the Amerks during the 2021-22 season, and 11 invitees. Nine players were drafted by the Sabres.

Forwards (21): Matt Barry, Brandon Biro, Filip Cederqvist, Lincoln Griffin, Mason Jobst, Conlan Keenan, Aleksandr Kisakov, Tyson Kozak, Jiri Kulich, Philip Lagunov, Matt McLeod, Michael Mersch, Brett Murray, Kohen Olischefski, Josh Passolt, Patrick Polino, Isak Rosen, Lukas Rousek, Emmett Sproule, Brendan Warren and Linus Weissbach.

Defensemen (9): Sean Allen, Arvin Atwal, Zachary Berzolla, Wyatt Ege, Mitch Eliot, Oskari Laaksonen, Ethan Prow, Jalen Smereck and Peter Tischke.

Goaltenders (3): Michael Houser, Malcolm Subban and Beck Warm.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
While I was wondering what they might do for the Utica's of the world, I see they have Allen and Atwal at camp. Tischke is game but they are pretty light in the physicality department. They will need someone like Murray to step into that role, though he may not have the temperament for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad