Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
@kevinoDandC

#Amerks D Rasmus Ristolainen will miss this week's 3 games due to injury from the Mitchell Heard sucker-punch with :08 left in Friday game.

Great. Now our prized 1st rounder is a soft injury-prone bust... :shakehead

I hope the sarcasm smiley isn't necessary

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Garbage, Heard should be suspended although the Amerks have asked the league to review the incident.

@kevinoDandC

The #Amerks are calling Rasmus Ristolainen's injury "upper body." Jaw looks fine, nose looks fine. Out all week. Yes, concussion.

@kevinoDandC

The #Amerks want LEM forward Mitchell Heard suspended, especially since Rasmus Ristolainen can't play this week: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/o-zone/2013/12/03/ristolainen-wont-play-this-week/3855835/

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
They still have JGL and Ruhwedel - and now McNabb, as well. Risto being out is a blow, though, especially if it a concussion like Kevin O speculates.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Now you see why Darcy was loathe to let prospects develop in that garbage league. :sarcasm:

But really, two concussions to top prospects in two years, on completely "*********, you shouldn't have a career anywhere after doing that" plays.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Someone went after Richard Panik every game they played after he mugged Girgs. I think Freddy Roy got him at least once.

I think Freddy takes things personally and mentioned he'll remember for next time. Good. That's what I want to see from a teammate -- show you not only have a guy's back, but make the M'n'F'r pay every single time you face them. Clark Gillies used to have his little black book so he could capture moments for payback for later -- he'd consult the book before a game so it would be fresh for him. I want that in the team they put on the ice.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I think Freddy takes things personally and mentioned he'll remember for next time. Good. That's what I want to see from a teammate -- show you not only have a guy's back, but make the M'n'F'r pay every single time you face them. Clark Gillies used to have his little black book so he could capture moments for payback for later -- he'd consult the book before a game so it would be fresh for him. I want that in the team they put on the ice.

Freddy was FIRED up after that. If not for the linesman dangling from his arms, there's no telling what he would have done. The stripes really did a disservice by intervening so fast after such a dirty play. It potentially makes things worse and more violent down the line. (Should make for some fun hockey this month, though :laugh:)

Risto didn't appear dazed or hurt by the punch at the time. Granted, it's hard to know exactly how hard a punch is from the 200s of Blue Cross Arena. But he wanted to get a piece of Heard, too. Hopefully it's mostly precaution and because of the rules that they're keeping him out for the full week.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
nice goal by nabber, great hustle by Catenacci on a dump in, stole it from the dman then showed great patience to find the trailer

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Armia just crushed a defenseman from behind into the boards, 2 minutes for boarding... and the Comets score 10 seconds in

Armia can really pull off some magic with the puck, but he's about the most one dimensional hockey player I've seen.

Massive hyperbole

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 24m

Freddy Roy with a big hit on Yann Sauve into end boards. Sauve doesn't like it, so Roy says, "Lets fight." They do. Pretty much a draw.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 23m

Of course, #Amerks Freddy Roy was giving up 5 inches and 50 pounds to Yann Sauve. 50 pounds! (5-10, 168 to 6-3, 218).

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Armia just crushed a defenseman from behind into the boards, 2 minutes for boarding... and the Comets score 10 seconds in

Massive hyperbole

Not at all. He coasts and does nothing but circle in the defensive zone. Peels away from guys. Coasts on the back check. Gives wweak stick checks.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

WATCH: Brayden McNabb aims high for his third goal of the year to give Rochester a 1-0 lead on Utica

#Sabres

@SabresProspects

WATCH: Joel Armia centers a pass to Kevin Porter for a nice finish to put Rochester ahead 3-0 on Utica

#Sabres

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

Kevin Sundher goes down to one knee and dives across the crease for a backhand goal to put Rochester up 4-1 on Utica early third.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad