Ristolainen/Ruhwedel
Crawford/MacKenzie
Lepkowski/Gauthier-Leduc

Lieuwen

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Rob Sanderson ‏@RSandersonWHTK 1m
One-timer PP blast from #Amerks D Rasmus Ristolainen - his first #AHL goal, from Gauthier-Leduc & Larsson. ROC 3 HAM 1 [2nd 15:35] #Sabres

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Armia looks totally lost. He always hangs on to the puck for a second too long. Lots of work for him.

I watched the game last night and saw something familiar from Armia. He is in a slump right now. this is his game at its worst. Looks lost and basically just floats around. He had couple of good shifts, but other than that he was useless.

Really frustrating to watch. You can see that his confidence is pretty much rockbottom now, when he cant score even in the emptynet. Normally he would've scored atleast twice from the changes last night. Hopefully he scores some nifty goal pretty soon, that will change his game completely.

But he should understand that you have to compete and fight in every shift and every game, especially when you dont produce the way you are expected. He did that in the last years playoffs and played really good allround game without producing much in points..

Ristolainen, Larsson, Porter and Varone played really well. Also i like Lieuwen better than Hackett from what i've seen. Last night he let one easy in between his legs, but other than that played well. At the start of the game he made couple of really good saves which probably was major for the victory.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Hamilton vs Rochester - 11/27/13

AMERKS SNAP SKID WITH 6-3 WIN OVER BULLDOGS

Kevin Porter and Rasmus Ristolainen each scored twice and Phil Varone notched three assists to power the Rochester Americans to a 6-3 win over the North Division rival Hamilton Bulldogs Wednesday night at The Blue Cross Arena. The victory ends the Amerks’ four-game losing skid and brings their overall season record to 8-7-2-2 heading into the final weekend of November.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BOXSCORE

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Amerks' Ristolainen: A lot to like, plenty to learn

Ristolainen has been with the Rochester Americans eight days and has played four games. He was very good in Utica during a 2-0 loss on Saturday night and he may have been even better on Wednesday in a 6-3 victory over the Hamilton Bulldogs.

He scored two goals, one on a booming one-timed slap shot from the left point on a second-period power play, and then hit an empty net for the clinching goal with 36.9 seconds to play during a penalty kill.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@kevinoDandC

#Amerks update: D Drew Bagnall (lower body),LW Freddy Roy (upper) took part in today's for-injured-guys-only skate but doubtful for weekend.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@kevinoDandC

The #Amerks have loaned RW Colin Jacobs to Elmira of ECHL. Just 1 assist in 13 games.

Also, #Amerks signed D Nick Tuzzolino to a PTO. Up from ECHL Fort Wayne. Buffalo native. AHL time with Portland, Lake Erie, Abbotsford.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
4540285.jpg

This is what the Amerks will wear in the Spengler Cup.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@RSandersonWHTK

#Amerks lines: Larsson-Porter-Armia Catenacci-Varone-Zigomanis Sundher-Ellis-Tardif Gillies-Roy-Kaleta

@RSandersonWHTK

#Amerks defense: Ristolainen/Ruhwedel Crawford/MacKenzie Lepkowski/Gauthier-Leduc

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@RSandersonWHTK

#Amerks RW Joel Armia jams 1 home to tie the game. WHAT PASSING between Johan Larsson & Kevin Porter. Wow. ROC 1 LE 1 [1st 5:21] #AliveInCLE

@AmerksHockey

GOALLLL! Frederick Roy shoves home a Patrick Kaleta rebound and it’s now a 2-2 tie in the second period.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Unless noted - tweets from Rochester Americans ‏@AmerksHockey -

GOALLLL! #Amerks get their first lead of the game. Johan Larsson with a slapper from the left circle. ROC: 3-2.

PA announcer doesn’t even get through announcing Larsson’s goal before LEM retaliates.

Lake Erie’s goal was scored by Bryan Lerg, a redirect off an Elliott wrister. Tied 3-3.

Patrick Kaleta blocks a pass and breaks towards Lake Erie’s goal. Gets a shot off that misses and collides with Pickard, going up and over.

Pickard up. Kaleta slow to get up, gets assistance leaving the ice.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks Patrick Kaleta not able to put any weight on his right leg. Being helped to bench by trainer Rob Frost and Kevin Porter. 3:19 left.

GOALLLL! Phil Varone with a wrister from the slot, unassisted. 4-3 #Amerks with just minutes left.

GOALLLL! #Amerks add the security goal scoring on an empty Lake Erie net. 5-3, one minute to play. #LetsGoAmerks

#AMERKS WIN! Hard fought battle ends in a 5-3 victory over the Lake Erie Monsters.

LS: Amerks go for their third win in a row - Saturday at Toronto.

Speaking of which, a couple of my relatives are in town for the holiday and wanted to see the Amerks play at least once. They got a good deal on tickets to the Sabres games on Wednesday (vs Montreal) and Friday (vs Toronto) so they couldn't attend their home games then. They are heading to Toronto Sunday for the Bills game so they are going up there a day early and will be at the Amerks-Marlies game. Add the Canisius-UConn hockey game earlier this afternoon and it was a nice four games in four days hockey trip.

(LS: They are currently 2-1 on the trip with two wins on Friday - Sabres 3-2 OT win over the Leafs and Canisius 3-1 win over UConn. The one loss was the Habs 3-1 win over the Sabres on Wednesday. Hopefully Amerks win on Saturday and Bills win on Sunday so they can go 4-1 on this sports trip.)

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
This guy has the injury bug in a bad way:
@kevinoDandC

Update on #Amerks Patrick Kaleta, from Chadd Cassidy: "It's going to be a while." That's CC speak for weeks (and maybe weeks more).

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
The group I went with tonight wanted to talk the whole game, so it made it tough to concentrate. At one point in the first I told them to shut up while Armia dangled behind the net...and they didn't listen.

From what little I could gather:

Armia had some moments and a goal, but he still leaves something to be desired away from the puck.

Larsson was in the middle of a lot of plays...both the good and the bad. His goal was a beautiful shot, but he also got burned badly on the PK to give up a great SH opportunity.

Freddy Roy will never be an NHL player, but boy, I like the jam in his game.

Kaleta made a great play on the PK in the third, bust in all alone on the Monster's goalie, and subsequently wrecked his leg (or at least that appeared to be the case). He is an elite level PKer, period. Hopefully he's not going to need surgery...

The team still seems disjointed, and I'm not a Cassidy fan. They were outshot in the first by a wide margin, gave up point-blank shots left and right in the second, and finally got a solid footing in the third.

Good win, but they're still making enough mistakes that I'm a little concerned with their direction.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
@kevinoDandC

The #Amerks have loaned RW Colin Jacobs to Elmira of ECHL. Just 1 assist in 13 games.

Also, #Amerks signed D Nick Tuzzolino to a PTO. Up from ECHL Fort Wayne. Buffalo native. AHL time with Portland, Lake Erie, Abbotsford.

Can't believe Nick Tuzzolino is still kicking around. Good for him.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
Lake Erie and Rochester had quite a few scrums near the end of the game. Ristolainen got suckered and was FURIOUS after the game that the refs wouldn't let him and the other guy go. This kid is going to be so good one day.

Surprised Freddy Roy didn't kick someone's ass. He said after the game straight up that he'll remember what happened. Rochester and Lake Erie play FIVE times before Christmas. That's insane. The games could get real ugly, and I can't wait.

Armia looked decent. I thought Larsson had his best game of the season so far. The team didn't play well defensively but their offense and a terrible Lake Erie goaltender made up for it.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Lake Erie and Rochester had quite a few scrums near the end of the game. Ristolainen got suckered and was FURIOUS after the game that the refs wouldn't let him and the other guy go. This kid is going to be so good one day.

Surprised Freddy Roy didn't kick someone's ass. He said after the game straight up that he'll remember what happened. Rochester and Lake Erie play FIVE times before Christmas. That's insane. The games could get real ugly, and I can't wait.

Armia looked decent. I thought Larsson had his best game of the season so far. The team didn't play well defensively but their offense and a terrible Lake Erie goaltender made up for it.

Freddy wanted to go so badly. Too bad he had stripes hanging all over him. He had those gloves off in a millisecond after that sucker shot. Love that kid's heart.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Question: I, and many with me, were quite excited when the Sabres drafted Daniel Catenacci. How has he looked so far for the Amerks? His stats are unimpressing, but how does he look on ice? Is he developing, has he taken a step back? Will he have a future in the NHL?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
LEM vs Amerks 11/29/13

THREE-GOAL THIRD PERIOD SENDS AMERKS PAST MONSTERS

Phil Varone’s fifth goal of the season with 1:58 remaining in regulation broke a 3-3 tie as the Rochester Americans sunk the Lake Erie Monsters by a 5-3 score Friday night at The Blue Cross Arena. The win was Rochester's second straight and vaults the Amerks to second place in the North Division with a record of 9-7-2-2.

Johan Larsson notched a goal and an assist for the Amerks, while Joel Armia, Frederick Roy and Jamie Tardif also scored. Rasmus Ristolainen added two assists for his second straight two-point outing as Colton Gillies and Kevin Porter both finished with assists on the night. Nathan Lieuwen won his second consecutive game in net with 33 saves.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BOXSCORE

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Question: I, and many with me, were quite excited when the Sabres drafted Daniel Catenacci. How has he looked so far for the Amerks? His stats are unimpressing, but how does he look on ice? Is he developing, has he taken a step back? Will he have a future in the NHL?

His offensive game hasn't followed him to the AHL level...yet. I think he will be a guy that plays two or three years in the AHL before he comes around. With that said, he's really fast and doesn't at all look out of place with the speed. I still think he has a future as a shut-down line winger, or at worst, a fourth line speedy plug that can kill penalties (Paille type). He's going to need more slow cooking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad