Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed. II (Marlies win series 3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
:handclap:

Btw looks like this team is lost when Leggio isn't in goal. We have like what, one win with our Backup in net?
Yes, I said this a week ago when Knapp lost yet another game. They have no confidence when Leggio isn't playing. Knapp was 1-6 and Lieuwen is 0-1. It's no coincidence. They play a different game, a scared game. Neither of the goalies are AHL caliber goalies, so it's kind of garbage not to have another option.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
Neither of the goalies are AHL caliber goalies, so it's kind of garbage not to have another option.

I think it's just a bit early to jump to this conclusion. Knapp's played 7 AHL games and Leiuwen's played 1. Give them at least 10 before saying that they are not AHL caliber goalies. If you had said they are not AHL goalies yet, then that would be an entirely different discussion.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think it's just a bit early to jump to this conclusion. Knapp's played 7 AHL games and Leiuwen's played 1. Give them at least 10 before saying that they are not AHL caliber goalies. If you had said they are not AHL goalies yet, then that would be an entirely different discussion.

The Amerks had no AHL level defensemen until Pardy showed up.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The Amerks had no AHL level defensemen until Pardy showed up.

This is an exaggeration. The D as a whole played very poorly in their own end, but that's not entirely for a lack of capable talent. There were just some guys underperforming, some wtf pairings/coaching decisions, and overall they were too aggressive offensively.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
This is an exaggeration. The D as a whole played very poorly in their own end, but that's not entirely for a lack of capable talent. There were just some guys underperforming, some wtf pairings/coaching decisions, and overall they were too aggressive offensively.

fair enough.

michaelsaas

Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Are you looking to hire a coach? ha ha

Development of players: strength
Championship winning team: weakness (falls on management too though)

I've heard some fans write that he is awful with in game adjustments.

Here is some perspective at the end of last season:

"Really, could this AHL season have been any better for the Buffalo hockey department than it was?
1) Their kids all played, and they played in critical situations. Who did coach Ron Rolston have to turn to when he was down by a goal or protecting a one-goal lead? For the most part, young draft picks.
2) When the Sabres needed help due to injuries on the NHL roster, the guys called up all played pretty well — or really well. Kassian made some contributions. Foligno ended up a regular on the third line in March. Tropp was a regular in Buffalo for better than a month. McNabb was solid on defense during two different recalls, as was Brennan. Center Paul Szczechura was by no means out of place when the Sabres needed help at center."
(Kevin Oklobzija, D&C)

Of course, these players did a lot of developing before Rolston (some with Dineen).

The team competed hard last year, but did not have enough talent to have success in the playoffs.
This is why I was asking lol

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
A reminder that the Amerks are live on TWCS tonight at 7:00PM ET versus the Texas Stars, who are the top team in the AHL currently.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hmm.. might have to put the Knicks game on a stream so I can watch the Amerks game on TV. Looking forward to seeing more Zemgus.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Girgensons with a nice hit. I don't think there's any timidness in his game since his return, it's all about getting in sync.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Tough goal given up by Rochester. Leggio was down on his knees and the puck had rolled a few inches behind him. He and the puck both sat like that with no one around for a second or two before someone scooped in behind the net and pushed it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad