Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Alongside Pilut, the newcomers Dea and Lazar had a big game tonight with 2 goals and 2 assists for both of them. Man if Gilmour was down there and 6K was in net this team could be even better than that.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Same thing happened with Guhle the year before too - was playing well in Rochester, got called up and sent down, never to look the same.

Considering how Borgen said how different things were in terms of defensive scheme and tactics between Buffalo and Rochester, it's quite evident terrible lessons were being taught and it really messed with tons of players.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Considering how Borgen said how different things were in terms of defensive scheme and tactics between Buffalo and Rochester, it's quite evident terrible lessons were being taught and it really messed with tons of players.
That's a very strange way to run things. I know Toronto, and I would assume most organizations, play the same system in the AHL as they do in the NHL to ease the transistion.

That's some incompetent management on display. Hopefully they straightened it out.

Reactions: Chainshot

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
That's a very strange way to run things. I know Toronto, and I would assume most organizations, play the same system in the AHL as they do in the NHL to ease the transistion.

That's some incompetent management on display. Hopefully they straightened it out.
There was an article about how Ralph led meetings with the staffs from Buffalo. Rochester, and Cincinnati to brainstorm an organizational playing style and then all get on the same page.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
The Amerks are absolutely dominating Springfield but only have one goal to show for. 35-13 in shots 7:29 left in the second. Tage is spending a lot of time around the net which you like to see.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Amerks have had multiple chances to put this game away and didn’t. Naturally it’s now 1-1.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Henrik Borgstrom scores on the PP to win it for the TBirds 2-1 in OT.

Good game for Johansson despite the loss. What's going with Hammond? Chris O'Shea is a Ryan Vinz class backup.

upload_2019-10-27_19-39-59.png

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I had previous obligations so I missed the game last night, sounded to me like another game where they dominated possession but just couldn't finish. Oh well I can't really be upset at having points in 7 out of 9 games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad