Rochester Americans: 2016-2017 Season - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any in-person reports? I'm curious how the third period goals happened for the Marlies. Like to see the shot disparity from the first and second periods.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Bummer about Griffith, but I understand it. Hope the Gionta thing comes through because the offense may be a little thin now. Deslauriers should be a good all around player if he clears.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Any in-person reports? I'm curious how the third period goals happened for the Marlies. Like to see the shot disparity from the first and second periods.
Sharp angle and bad bounce per:
The 3rd period was a different story. The Marlies started the period in desperation mode and the Amerks seemed to take their foot off the accelerator. Late in the third the Marlies finally got on the board with a power play goal from J. J. Piccinich on a top-shelf sharp angle shot. With just over a minute left the Marlies pulled their goalie and scored with the extra attacker. Adam Brooks took advantage of an awkward bounce off the boards and beat Jonas Johansson to tie the game at 2.
http://www.amerksextra.com/2017/09/29/amerks-win-pre-season-opener-in-overtime-3-2/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tie game! Criscuolo finishes it off from the left of the goal on some nice work by the whole line. Smith and Moses with the assists.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sweet save in tight from Ullmark. Not seeing a lot of quick transition tonight from defense to offense so far. Could be the quality on the blueline... could be the Marlies have adjusted some.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To their credit, the fourth line with Dalton Smith, Justin Danforth and Karabacek has managed to forecheck for so long they've managed to get a line change during consecutive shifts by that unit.
----------------------
Seems like the Amerks have started to find their legs. Lots of room for them to get up the ice.
----------------------
These faceoff violation penalties are so f***ing needless.
----------------------
Moses has impressed me, even it is just pre-season. He should help fill the offensive void of losing Griffith.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fasching again in front, goal! Gill and Cornel all jamming away, but Fasching is just a load in front of the net. Nice play from Cornel to get the puck up ice and into the zone. Best line most of the game that I've seen.

And that's game. Nice job Amerks.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Let's hope they have a better season, than last. At least we have filled out their roster with some decent players, and they have a new coach and GM. Let's hope gmbot's plan is successful.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting to see how the rest of camp shakes out and who plays with who. Considering the scratches for tonight included three solid AHL defensemen (Goers, Paetsch, MacWilliam), some solid AHL forwards (Porter, Ross) and a pack of productive prospects (Bailey, Baptiste, Nelson, Johansson) AND don't include anyone assigned today nor the camp injury trio, there are going to be a lot of decisions to be made by Sexton and Taylor to sort all of this out. Looks like they won't be scrambling for depth unless things get dire in Buffalo and they should have some quality offensive vets to help carry the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad