Rochester Americans: 2016-2017 Season - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
If people want something positive from me, Mullen is incredibly impressive. He's not a prospect, so most won't care. But he's excellent in every zone. Excellent pick up by Murray. I hope he's back season along with Fedun.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Amerks go down 3-2 late in the second. Tie the game in the 3rd, then take the lead with 7 minutes to go. Kennedy takes a penalty with 2 minutes to go, Amerks give up a goal then lose it with 4 seconds left. It's becoming harder and harder comprehend how bad they are.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
If people want something positive from me, Mullen is incredibly impressive. He's not a prospect, so most won't care.
He pushes the team forward and success at the AHL is only a good thing for everyone here. You keep trying to put yourself on this island, so of course people are going to take potshots. We're all the same family and it's been lousy hockey around here for too long for everyone involved.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Martin has played 6 games in Rochester, and has 4 points in 26 games with Elmira and is a -14, but I'm not sure the Elmira stats mean much because they are abjectly, horrifyingly awful.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Once again the Amerks are getting outshot by a 2:1 margin - the Bylsma system works as planned. Genius!

At least Nylander scored the Roch goal.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - Unfortunately the Amerks couldn't do what the Crunch did on Friday -
@AmerksHockey - #Amerks get a power-play with 1:34 left in regulation and down 4-3. #RCH pull Muse for the 6-on-4 advantage.
@AmerksHockey - #Amerks come back to pull within a goal but cannot find equalizer as they fall 4-3 to the #Crunch. #RCHvsSYR

Last edited:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
He pushes the team forward and success at the AHL is only a good thing for everyone here. You keep trying to put yourself on this island, so of course people are going to take potshots. We're all the same family and it's been lousy hockey around here for too long for everyone involved.
I wasn't being entirely serious. But there are some who, for example, rooted for Grant to get claimed instead of clearing and going to Rochester. But I know that most people would like to see the entire organization succeed.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Mullen, Bodie and Kennedy. That's not terrible when it comes to in season additions. I give Murray credit for doing something. The issue is he always puts such a bad team on the ice to start the season that the hole is already too deep to climb out of. Perhaps next season they can actually have a good first half.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has acquired defenseman Mat Bodie from the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Daniel Catenacci. Bodie (6’0”, 175 lbs., 3/7/1990) currently ranks 12th among all AHL defensemen with 30 points (8+22) in 45 games for the Hartford Wolf Pack this season. In 196 career AHL games, Bodie has compiled 98 points (20+78) and 127 penalty minutes. The East St. Paul, Manitoba native signed with the Rangers as an undrafted free agent after captaining Union College to an NCAA championship in 2014 and being named to the All-Tournament Team.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Mullen, Bodie and Kennedy. That's not terrible when it comes to in season additions. I give Murray credit for doing something. The issue is he always puts such a bad team on the ice to start the season that the hole is already too deep to climb out of. Perhaps next season they can actually have a good first half.

I was going to rain on your parade, and then I noticed and laughed that I was going to be more critical than sabrefan27. So here's my post:

I don't give TM much credit here. As you've said a hundred times, and many of us said in the summer Murray didn't add enough depth in the summer (D and C). Plus some of the vets were huge letdowns (Catenacci to name names).

This would have been a good start to the season if he signed enough depth in the organization to keep it here most of the season:

Falk Fedun
Bodie Mullen
Austin Strachan
Nelson

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
There's nothing to spin. Billionaires forcing a poor city to spend public money on arena upgrades. The arena is perfectly fine. Really petty and really low of the Pegulas and Sabres organization.

Yep. This is not a good look.

**** Pegula and especially **** Russ Brandon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad