Value of: Robin Lehner next contract and where does he get it?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Teams will play hardball. covid/flat cap pressures drive price, term down

expect
5.5 x 4

where, up for grabs but if pleasant divorce of MAF w/LV, he's prob gonna stay w/very strong club as starter

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe Vegas is impressed by Montreal and is on the bandwagon of masked man combos in 13m$+.

Fleury has one year left. That is very possible what they are thinking. Keep both goalies and maybe be patient on trading Fleury... could move him at the deadline as last option.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So right now sounding like Vegas for roughly 5 x $5m so take Lehner off the market.
Hearing same thing on the radio out here too. Vegas is resigning Lehner. Markstrom will follow suit in Van. Teams thinking they can trade away their starter and upgrade with a UFA will be looking at Holtby as the next best option.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hearing same thing on the radio out here too. Vegas is resigning Lehner. Markstrom will follow suit in Van. Teams thinking they can trade away their starter and upgrade with a UFA will be looking at Holtby as the next best option.
At least that's what Kypreo's has been reporting anyways, And he's generally been pretty reliable here of late. If Benning is able to resign Markstrom i really want Yzerman to go after Thatcher Demko had heard that Detroit could be a possible front runner for him if Benning chooses to move him.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
At least that's what Kypreo's has been reporting anyways, And he's generally been pretty reliable here of late. If Benning is able to resign Markstrom i really want Yzerman to go after Thatcher Demko had heard that Detroit could be a possible front runner for him if Benning chooses to move him.
What once looked like a good UFA goalie market can sure dry up fast. Guys like Demko and Murray trade value might go up with less UFA top quality options?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Fleury has one year left. That is very possible what they are thinking. Keep both goalies and maybe be patient on trading Fleury... could move him at the deadline as last option.

Fleury has two years left on his contract. He will be a tough contract to move right now. Not impossible but tough. It depends on Vegas' needs and who is on Fleury's 10-team no-trade list. If Carolina is a spot Fleury can go to, maybe they'd be willing to trade them Reimer and a 3rd but I'm not sure if Carolina would honestly be targeting Fleury when Demko/Markstrom could be an option for them.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know I was pretty sure Freddy was being traded but if two potential replacements come off the market I'm not sure he is

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What once looked like a good UFA goalie market can sure dry up fast. Guys like Demko and Murray trade value might go up with less UFA top quality options?
Yeah with Lehner and Markstrom off the market, That basically leaves Holtby as the main UFA prize. Players like Greiss/Talbot/Elliott/Khudobin to lesser extents. Marc Andre-Fleury, Matt Murray, Alexander Georgiev could be pieces on the move. Would love to see Yzerman go after a young stud would be happy with either Demko or Georgiev.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The way he's playing it has to be more than that that would be cheap

That's because, if this is true, Kyper is right that it's already been signed & in a drawer. It was probably done in August before they left for the bubble. Lehner had some curiously candid comments about re-signing, which seemed odd at the time.

When asked about a possible extension he coyly said "wouldn't you like to know?" back in July camp.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Kyper is reporting this? I'm now less convinced

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's because, if this is true, Kyper is right that it's already been signed & in a drawer. It was probably done in August before they left for the bubble. Lehner had some curiously candid comments about re-signing, which seemed odd at the time.

When asked about a possible extension he coyly said "wouldn't you like to know?"

Kyper is hit and miss he COULD be right but not Bobby Mack, or Lebrun or Freidman, or CJ either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad