Value of: Robin Lehner next contract and where does he get it?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think he's a good fit in Vegas, but I believe he's implied at least once that he's going to be signing with the team that offers the most money as he's taken 'prove it' contracts the past two offseasons. Can Vegas afford to outbid the competition?

Also please no metro teams or Leafs.

I don't know if I even want him, he's been very open about his mental issues and mental issues + Toronto media and fans that could go very VERY bad very VERY quickly

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Given his age and years of experience, I have to think he'll go for the longest contract at the best price.

This next contract will likely have to pay for the rest of his life.
He already has enough that 99.99% of people for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Morrison

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
LOOking like VEGAS and trading Fluery

I could see Colorado as a potential destination, but that cap hit is going to be tough to move if VGK doesn't retain some (even 500k to 1m) so I'd be curious where he would end up. If the Senators didn't have the cheapest owner in the league, they would make sense as well.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lehner I think stays in Vegas on a 3-5 year deal north of $5.5 and probably 6.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's pretty damn hateful.

No it isn't Toronto is arguably the toughest market in the NHL and you think putting a guy that has admitted to having mental issues should go to that market?

I don't know about that we are hard on our goalies.

Ask Reimer, Hutchinson, Bernier and yes Freddy too.

When the goalie isn't playing at the level expected the media and fans crave him up.

Lehner wouldn't be any different if he didn't perform

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
No it isn't Toronto is arguably the toughest market in the NHL and you think putting a guy that has admitted to having mental issues should go to that market?

When the goalie isn't playing at the level expected the media and fans crave him up.

Lehner has played in multiple places where it’s hard on goalies. Up here in the Soo, they get shredded all the time (the last goalie I remember that didn’t get beaten down was Andrea Carpano). Buffalo, same thing (Ullmark we currently have a love-hate relationship and an all-hate relationship with Hutton). And this past year he was in Chicago who the last goalie everyone liked was Scott Foster (before that I assume it was one-game wonders Ray LeBlanc and Christian Soucy).

So I don’t think being in Toronto will be as bad as you think. Especially if he only signs for a year.

Lehner deserves a long term deal. He's one of the best goalies in the league. I hope he finally gets the respect he deserves.

Even if he deserves it, maybe he simply doesn’t wanna do that. Maybe this is what works for him as an external source to keep his mental demons in check.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lehner has played in multiple places where it’s hard on goalies. Up here in the Soo, they get shredded all the time (the last goalie I remember that didn’t get beaten down was Andrea Carpano). Buffalo, same thing (Ullmark we currently have a love-hate relationship and an all-hate relationship with Hutton). And this past year he was in Chicago who the last goalie everyone liked was Scott Foster (before that I assume it was one-game wonders Ray LeBlanc and Christian Soucy).

So I don’t think being in Toronto will be as bad as you think. Especially if he only signs for a year.

Even if he deserves it, maybe he simply doesn’t wanna do that. Maybe this is what works for him as an external source to keep his mental demons in check.

Buffalo and Toronto are not the same in terms of media pressure neither is the Soo, Toronto is a different beast

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Right now looking like it'll be with Vegas.

I would guess six years at $7.5M AAV.

But the other thing to consider is what'll happen with Fleury. I think trade Fleury to the Oilers for James Neal.

Last edited:

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019

it might actually make it better cause the Feschuks and Simmons of the world will have to leave him alone:crossfing

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
No they wouldn't you can't stop them from asking questions
Yeah but it will stop asking dumb questions, like I saw Lehner at hot dog stand drinking a Coke, was it really a coke though? is that why the leafs lost last night? That might stop at least

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Lehner is a beauty I really hope he gets a nice long contract. He deserves it!
All he does is come in and take over the number 1 spot from some pretty big names. Say what you want about mental health, but I'm proud of the guy and I can't understand why he hasn't gotten a stable contract yet. I'd love to have him in Colorado for our prime years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lehner is a beauty I really hope he gets a nice long contract. He deserves it!
All he does is come in and take over the number 1 spot from some pretty big names. Say what you want about mental health, but I'm proud of the guy and I can't understand why he hasn't gotten a stable contract yet. I'd love to have him in Colorado for our prime years.

I'm guessing his mental health is why he has yet to get a long term deal.

If he keeps this up that might changing

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm guessing his mental health is why he has yet to get a long term deal.

If he keeps this up that might changing
I don't think so: only two long-term signings for goalies in 2019 after his great 2018 season and not so good 2017 season.

I think there were some reasonable concerns about him after one year and the head-scratcher ultimatum by the Islanders, it looks like the only other team looking for a long-term goalie contract was Florida and well Bob was a 2 time Vezina Trophy...

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I don't know if I even want him, he's been very open about his mental issues and mental issues + Toronto media and fans that could go very VERY bad very VERY quickly
People said similar things about him going to Vegas, but instead of the media pressure they brought up the "party/gambling" aspects of the town maybe not being the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad