Robidas value is showing now.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
In Hockey all over the world they call it taking a hit to make a play.....it is called courage.

He is playing very well, someone called him below average.....yet he has been on the ice for less goals scored against then any other D man.....that is not below average.

I think he needs to get up to speed. Broken legs do that and the fact that he missed time compounds that issue.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
The 3rd year in his contract was just a throw in anyway. If he starts to suck bad on the 3rd year we can always waive him and save 1/3 of the contract or dish him out at the deadline. A 3 mil cap hit for a veteran D man is good for a contender needing extra depth. Also, his contract is front loaded, even a buyout at the last year would be a 1mil cap hit for 2 years...no big deal. It is also noteworthy that his cap hit is more than his actual salary on the last year of the deal. There's a lot of teams that'll take that 1M savings for that reason alone.

Not worried about Robidas' contract at all...

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Carlyle's just using him better now.

I was one of the people who was curious to see what he'd do paired with Phaneuf. Didn't take long to realize he's not capable of that anymore. But as a five or six guy I really like him. He's been a good addition. His leadership means he makes a bigger impact on the team than a typical bottom pairing guy.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
In Hockey all over the world they call it taking a hit to make a play.....it is called courage.

He is playing very well, someone called him below average.....yet he has been on the ice for less goals scored against then any other D man.....that is not below average.

It was my subjective opinion based on how I think he's looked this season. Looking at the overall stats for Robidas, they seem to support my view of a sub-par season so far.

I have no problem with the guy, but he was understandably rusty for the first part of the season.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Our best D man has not been Dion, nor Franson, Polak or Rielly, it has been Robidas and it is not even close.

One person on here stated that he played bad last night which is a joke....he was not on the ice for a goal against yet he was bad, he played over 22 minutes and no goals against and he was bad. He is 37 years old and competes like he is a 22 year old, hits everything that moves takes checks to make plays and is our true leader.

Only 5 games this season has he finished as a minus player....4 of them in his first 11 games when he was still out of shape from being injured. He has been a negative in only one game since his first 11 games and that was his minus two in the Nashville game. He is a plus 12 over all this year despite being on the ice for only 25 goals for...he has been on the ice for 21 goals against but 9 of them while killing a penalty. So 5 on 5 he has been on the ice for only 12 goals against! Only one of his GF has been on the PP.

GA/60 almost a goal a game better(.85) then any other D man.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Our best D man has not been Dion, nor Franson, Polak or Rielly, it has been Robidas and it is not even close.

One person on here stated that he played bad last night which is a joke....he was not on the ice for a goal against yet he was bad, he played over 22 minutes and no goals against and he was bad. He is 37 years old and competes like he is a 22 year old, hits everything that moves takes checks to make plays and is our true leader.

Only 5 games this season has he finished as a minus player....4 of them in his first 11 games when he was still out of shape from being injured. He has been a negative in only one game since his first 11 games and that was his minus two in the Nashville game. He is a plus 12 over all this year despite being on the ice for only 25 goals for...he has been on the ice for 21 goals against but 9 of them while killing a penalty. So 5 on 5 he has been on the ice for only 12 goals against! Only one of his GF has been on the PP.

GA/60 almost a goal a game better(.85) then any other D man.

Well said. I don't understand the hate for him. Contract length is long admittedly but he's a workhorse and has a great attitude.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Even knowing he was going to take time to get up to speed, I was losing patience and it was about the same time he started to ramp it up, he's been solid of late. Like another poster had mentioned, try playing a blue line with 6 kids (especially with this forward group) and witness the carnage.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I still don't get why I see people crap on Robidas - he's been good-great since the first ten or so games of the season where he was pretty bad.

I feel like he's going to get the Gunnarsson treatment where people won't acknowledge his good plays but will be quick on the trigger to call out the bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad