Robidas value is showing now.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Robidas had a slow start but recently has been very solid and his value to the Leafs more defined.

He is a plus 6 in his last 10 games, has been on the ice for less goals against then all other Leaf D man. He has been much more physical lately and will block shots. I like his game in the last 10 games and it was very evident last night with Holzer and how he was a calming influence.

member 147413

Still takes a lot of stupid penalties though. I was a fan of the signing from day one and don't think he's been as bad as people have made it seem.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He skates really weird... can't explain it, but I could be watching the game on a 15" 40 year old SD tv, and would easily be able to pin point Robidas without looking @ a jersey number.

He's gotten better, but still one of the weaker links of our D core.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I think he is just being sheltered for the past 10 games or so

I agree he is looking steady but I expect a fair amount from someone signed to 3/3

his term and health are still question marks for me

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
he's improving, but he can be much better than even his recent play. Give him some time, he'll get there.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What I like is that he's an all-rounder. He can skate a bit, hit a bit, pass a bit, shoot a bit. Never going to be what he was, but if he can tap into even 70% of his former play, I'll be satisfied.

Still takes stupid penalties though. Hopefully that passes.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He skates really weird... can't explain it, but I could be watching the game on a 15" 40 year old SD tv, and would easily be able to pin point Robidas without looking @ a jersey number.

He's gotten better, but still one of the weaker links of our D core.

If you are watching the games on such an old TV, then, you need to visit your local Value Village and upgrade to a used flat screen TV! ;)

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Robidas had a slow start but recently has been very solid and his value to the Leafs more defined.

He is a plus 6 in his last 10 games, has been on the ice for less goals against then all other Leaf D man. He has been much more physical lately and will block shots. I like his game in the last 10 games and it was very evident last night with Holzer and how he was a calming influence.

I agree. He's been better recently. Let's hope he can get back into the form he was in in Dallas.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
What I like is that he's an all-rounder. He can skate a bit, hit a bit, pass a bit, shoot a bit. Never going to be what he was, but if he can tap into even 70% of his former play, I'll be satisfied.

Still takes stupid penalties though. Hopefully that passes.

Yes. He isn't one of those flashy guys that is a shutdown god, or an offensive wizard, but when he's on he seems to be a jack of all trades. Provides some offence with good defence

IAmBobo

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
He has taken 10 penalties so far....TEN!

And most of the time is because he gets beat too easily so he has to obstruct the player.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Lately he's been taking a few too many penalties but apart from that he's been really solid . It just shows that some people are impatient , the guy didn't have much of a training camp and was essentially thrown into the line up

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I think he is just being sheltered for the past 10 games or so

I agree he is looking steady but I expect a fair amount from someone signed to 3/3

his term and health are still question marks for me

3 millions buys what you hope can be a legitimate # 4 Dman but is probably more of a # 5 or on the downside is a # 6.

3 million isn't that much on the free agent market especially for players who sign with a medicore team like the Leafs are. Players rarely give discounts to play for non contenders.

Even on this team he's paid the 4th (Polak is just behind in 5th) and except for Phaneuf all of the other top dollars guys were signed to RFAs.

Smart low risk move and welcome addition from handing out big money deals to players who recently peaked like Komisarek, Clarkson, etc.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You know when someone is a good leader, when as a fan, his talking and demenor alone make you want him on the roster in some capacity. He seems wise, and seems like the type of person you want your young guys to emulate, even with some poor play. He carries himself well, gives of a presence that demands respect. Same can't be said about phaneuf and lupul. Very happy he's on the team, his value is more in his presence alone then his play on the ice.

Ace88*

He was never "utter crap" lol hes been at least solid the whole season.

You guys do know that defensemen arent perfect and do make mistakes right? Even Weber, doughty, suter? Hell even lidstrom made mistakes every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad