Roberto Luongo Appreciation Thread (3/30 growing speculation he will "retire")

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think as a backup of less than 30 games, he could be the best backup in the league.

Maybe a game or 2 a week. Can even be a good plug for the playoffs.

But Monty cannot be the starter, and even more so, Reimer cannot be on the roster at any capacity...even as a buyout.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
C'mon, that's not fair to Lu at all. You really think he wants to retire with this ****ty season as his last? He didn't even get a chance to do anything after being injured by Vatrano in game 1, rushed back because reims/hutch sucked, and then backstopped a team that plays defense like it's the 1980's. He's proven to be excellent with an actual defense and some rest. He's even played some 5 game runs with little rest really well.

Plus, with all the crap this franchise has put him through, he can retire whenever he damn well pleases. I for one would love to see him return in a backup role and have another shot at the playoffs...or dare I dream a cup. After what he's given this franchise, he deserves at least the chance to call it quits when he wants.
I love Luo. ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM. But he needs to retire, this is a cutthroat business and we are not here to be nice to him. This franchise is on life support and we need to put the best possible team out there. He was awful all year and a couple good games at the end of the year doesn't make a difference to me. Luo doesn't deserve special treatment. He needs to realize that he is not the goalie he once was and if he wants to cost us another season my respect will go down for him.

Reactions: danktopshelf

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
He can still play well when he’s rested and healthy. Look at his last handful of games. Bob+ Lu as backup is fine. If Lu gets hurt we can feel confident in calling up Monty. That’ll be a good situation going into next year

Reactions: IceManCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad