Roberto Luongo Appreciation Thread (3/30 growing speculation he will "retire")

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This is it folks, he's done. Reimer's going to get the lion-share of the starts down the stretch, and he will LTIR the rest of the contract after this year.

I pretty much made this thread because

#1. People are shit talking him way too much for the legend he is, he's been terrible this year but we wasted over half his career

#2. I'm sad, it's the end of an era, aging sucks :(

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
giphy.gif

Hell of a ride

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Appreciate all the games he won for us, was never easy for him in both stints as a Panther.
As has been said many times, give him some time to clear his head, bring up Monty and usher in the new goaltending era. LTIR him next year and he can retire when contract runs out or when cap recapture is minimal.
Fire Tallas and hire Lu as goaltending coach for Monty, Bednard and whoever else comes through the crease the next few years.

Thanks for the memories Luuuuuuuuuuuu, you've been a stud. Hang em up and hold your head high, top 5-10 goalie all time.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for being one of the best players this franchise has ever had, thanks for being a class act, and thanks for some really funny tweets along the way.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’ll leave the sentimental crap for the off season. Right now Lu needs to be benched for crap play. Right now we need to win hockey games.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Please- can someone with photoshop skills doctor me a Jon Snow with a f***in Lu jersey facing the entire f***in army???

He doesn't make half the saves he does make if he was done.

And last night vs PIT? The first goal was kinda on him, 5 hole, with Matheson out in lala land. The other 3 werent on him the f*** at all. Esp on the last one, when a goalie gets screened it is *ignorant* to blame him. Especially when it's his own guy.

Last edited:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Appreciate all the games he won for us, was never easy for him in both stints as a Panther.
As has been said many times, give him some time to clear his head, bring up Monty and usher in the new goaltending era. LTIR him next year and he can retire when contract runs out or when cap recapture is minimal.
Fire Tallas and hire Lu as goaltending coach for Monty, Bednard and whoever else comes through the crease the next few years.

Thanks for the memories Luuuuuuuuuuuu, you've been a stud. Hang em up and hold your head high, top 5-10 goalie all time.
i guess this is speculation on your part, or do you know something we don't. i agree, lu should sit and reimer start. then we have a fighting chance.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
i guess this is speculation on your part, or do you know something we don't. i agree, lu should sit and reimer start. then we have a fighting chance.

Ya I'm just speculating he is done this year whether he retires, Tallon forces him into it or he becomes a longterm LTIR candidate.

I can't see how Lu is suddenly going to turn it around and we cant hope and pray he will get us to the playoffs anymore. Just sucks that we couldn't give him a playoff game to walk away on, not a meaningless regular season game in mid April.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Ya I'm just speculating he is done this year whether he retires, Tallon forces him into it or he becomes a longterm LTIR candidate.

I can't see how Lu is suddenly going to turn it around and we cant hope and pray he will get us to the playoffs anymore. Just sucks that we couldn't give him a playoff game to walk away on, not a meaningless regular season game in mid April.
i agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This season means nothing in terms of his HoF career. Proud man with every reason to believe if healthy he could return to top status, but this ride has been broken for 3 seasons.

He wont hang on just to satisfy the contract IMO.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This season means nothing in terms of his HoF career. Proud man with every reason to believe if healthy he could return to top status, but this ride has been broken for 3 seasons.

He wont hang on just to satisfy the contract IMO.
3 seasons not including past the ASG last year?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He hasnt been capable of being our full time starter for three years, those snap shots show just how good he is, but he cannot maintain that for an entire season. The mind is willing, but the body cant do it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

The last time Luongo played a full season was 2015 when we made the playoffs. He cant be a starter anymore.

I agree with....*gulp* Chaos here.

But like I said in the other thread, it hurts my soul to bash Lu. I cant anymore.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The last time Luongo played a full season was 2015 when we made the playoffs. He cant be a starter anymore.

I agree with....*gulp* Chaos here.

But like I said in the other thread, it hurts my soul to bash Lu. I cant anymore.
No reason to bash him at all.

But you can dress the pig up however you guys want, but the reality is, its still a pig.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Everyone takes every criticism of any player as if its against forum rules.

Dealing with reality is what this team/and some posters need to do. Quickly.

Its the single biggest move they could make to save the season. Doubtful Dale does anything IMO.

Back to twitter everyone!

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I remember when Lou used to let goals through in the last minute back in the day like clockwork. Now he's here playing old as hell. Get this guy outta here already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad