NBA Robert Sarver in deep shit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Since Sarver has done nothing illegal, I find the NBA's decision ridiculous and disturbing for other reasons. Unfortunately, Sarver chose not to fight for his rights.

Gruß,
BSHH
The NBA is not a court of law. Whatever guidelines for codes of conduct they have, and owners agree to, do not have to adhere to it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rich people always get away with it. This will never change.

Not because of power and influence, but because most everyone can be bought.

The Colts owner got caught with a crap ton of pills (IIRC enough to justify a trafficking charge) and pretty much got off scot free. If that was me or you we'd still be in jail.

Dolan & IT avoided punishment for the sexual assault incident all those years ago because they paid off the accuser.

Honestly, if there hadn't been a recording/proof, theres a chance Sterling wouldn't of been forced to sell the Clippers.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The Colts owner got caught with a crap ton of pills (IIRC enough to justify a trafficking charge) and pretty much got off scot free. If that was me or you we'd still be in jail.

Dolan & IT avoided punishment for the sexual assault incident all those years ago because they paid off the accuser.

Honestly, if there hadn't been a recording/proof, theres a chance Sterling wouldn't of been forced to sell the Clippers.
Bruv do you think Sarver is innocent in this whole story?

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Yup. Greed corrupts even the most rational minds at times.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What’s next? Complaining about getting kicked out of Twitter despite the “FrEeDoM oF sPeEcH”?

Some people really refuse to accepting what's staring them right in the face and what was obvious from the beginning. Now obviously he's not some Sterling maniac but the stories surrounding Sarver obviously weren't coming out of thin air. You don't get that big a story without it. Some of it seems like he was a clumsy idiot, but it's also obvious the dude's got some deep rooted issues, especially with race. The punishment isn't enough but some posters in this thread really have egg on their faces.

If any of it had serious merit, he would have been forced to sell by now.

Jerry Richardson was accused of being racist and on the same day announced he would sell the team at seasons end.

And by egg on their faces, I mean posts like these. LOL

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm offended. Silver is lying. There are many things he could do indirectly to make the Sarver ownership impossible, even if he can't directly force a sale. Unless there's a miracle/divine intervention and the Bulls or Lakers make the conference finals in my lifetime, I'll never watch the NBA again. I'll watch everything else.

Pretty sure he's not lying, pretty sure he's just saying that the legal battle wouldn't be worth it/a winning fight.

Reactions: SniperHF

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Some people really refuse to accept what's staring them right in the face and what was obvious from the beginning. Now obviously he's not some Sterling maniac but the stories surrounding Sarver obviously weren't coming out of thin air. You don't get that big a story without it. Some of it seems like he was a clumsy idiot, but it's also obvious the dude's got some deep-rooted issues, especially with race. The punishment isn't enough but some posters in this thread really have egg on their faces. And by egg on their faces, I mean posts like these. LOL
Agreed. Denying reality because of your personal non-sports beliefs doesn't change it. It reminds me of the pro-Bonds posters who post "Pre-Canseco players used a substance that is not a PED, therefore they cheated, and Bonds is legit". My wife is a doctor and I show these posts to MDs, and they crack up and can't believe how uneducated some of the posters are. I can't believe it either.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Silver is correct. Owners are not employees! Property rights are in play. It doesn't matter what crime you commit ( other than tax evasion) they can't take your house.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Silver is obviously lying. The league took the Clippers away from Sterling for the exact same issue, racism.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
He didn't lose his ownership and silver just slapped him on the wrist.

If you think this punishment had any teeth I don't know what to tell you buddy
No, don’t deflect. You said “nothing”. As in literally nothing like nothing ever happened. It may look like a slap on the wrist now but the number of people who will turn on him will just grow from here. You already have a minority owner calling for his resignation and that’s not a good sign for Sarver. His reputation will just keep getting worse.

Just admit you were wrong that nothing was gonna happen. A forced sale wouldn’t have been a “punishment” anyway since he would’ve been just $2 billion richer. If you want to keep playing this “yeah, but…” game, it just makes you look narcissistic.

Why are you acting like his attorney anyway? Toxic workplace is a serious issue.

But anyway, man, CP3 has been involved with despicable owners in his career hasn’t he? Sterling, obviously. Now with Sarver. Clay Bennett, understandably by Seattle fans. And….David Stern, hated by Laker fans lol.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
No, don’t deflect. You said “nothing”. As in literally nothing like nothing ever happened. It may look like a slap on the wrist now but the number of people who will turn on him will just grow from here. You already have a minority owner calling for his resignation and that’s not a good sign for Sarver. His reputation will just keep getting worse.

Just admit you were wrong that nothing was gonna happen. A forced sale wouldn’t have been a “punishment” anyway since he would’ve been just $2 billion richer. If you want to keep playing this “yeah, but…” game, it just makes you look narcissistic.

Why are you acting like his attorney anyway? Toxic workplace is a serious issue.

But anyway, man, CP3 has been involved with despicable owners in his career hasn’t he? Sterling, obviously. Now with Sarver. Clay Bennett, understandably by Seattle fans. And….David Stern, hated by Laker fans lol.

OcZSfG1.png

they ain't gonna force him to sell over this

You are so mad that you cannot accept the reality of business and how rich people run the world. Sarver is not selling voluntarily and Silver isn't going to fire his boss.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

OcZSfG1.png

You are so mad that you cannot accept the reality of business and how rich people run the world. Sarver is not selling voluntarily and Silver isn't going to fire his boss.
They will if they want him to bad enough. Silver is not the boss, but the owners are in a partnership with each other, which means they can decide to vote someone off the island.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

You’re still wrong about nothing happening to him over this, attorney. Just admit it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad