Robby Fabbri helped off ice (via multiple twitter feeds)

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Fabbri has the attitude to succeed. He will do whatever it takes to be successful in the nhl

He has great hockey IQ and skill. He's not overly short and I can easily see him being around 190-200 when it's his time to shine, we can develop him slowly.

why would we do that when we can rush him into a golf cart accident

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The Blues have added a clause to every contract that they have to walk golf courses and can't use a cart.

Sure, and a no tough-guy motorcycle clause.

Don't worry, I hear Hull will be handling the new player orientation from now on and his sane, sober decisions should keep the foolishness to a minimum.

(I have a joke or two about being able to play hockey with various STDs but since I'm such a bastion of good taste I'm just gonna let it slide.)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And after the Oshie practice incident, all snooze buttons will be deactivated from all alarm clock devices for any member of the organization.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
And after the Oshie practice incident, all snooze buttons will be deactivated from all alarm clock devices for any member of the organization.

I think that was Berglund (whose battery 'died'. Oshie got stuck in North Dakota, with what I suspect was a hangover. Maybe it was bad roads.)
Something like that happened to Perron once, too, but he busted his ass to get back through other means. I always thought it was kind of an unnnecessary thing to make a huge deal out of, but he was a young guy who maybe needed lessons in professionalism at the time. Anyway, my recollection is that Perron was late, but it was a crazy winter storm and he'd made a reasonble plan to start with...and it could have happened to anyone.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
If I recall the main problem was that Perron couldn't find his skates seeing as how there was so much snow and his skates were white.

Or maybe he flapped his arms too often trying to fly to the Blues practice and Murray thought it was in the direction of Mr. Doughnut.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think that was Berglund (whose battery 'died'. Oshie got stuck in North Dakota, with what I suspect was a hangover. Maybe it was bad roads.)
Something like that happened to Perron once, too, but he busted his ass to get back through other means. I always thought it was kind of an unnnecessary thing to make a huge deal out of, but he was a young guy who maybe needed lessons in professionalism at the time. Anyway, my recollection is that Perron was late, but it was a crazy winter storm and he'd made a reasonble plan to start with...and it could have happened to anyone.

I couldn't remember the specifics, so I could be wrong. Most young players go through stuff like that, and I think we were very lucky to have our young players learn from their mistakes and grow as professionals. Perron will always have my respect for that, the guy just loves that game and was misunderstood early in his career. Oshie has definitely grown up a lot over the past couple seasons.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If I recall the main problem was that Perron couldn't find his skates seeing as how there was so much snow and his skates were white.

Or maybe he flapped his arms too often trying to fly to the Blues practice and Murray thought it was in the direction of Mr. Doughnut.

First one was good, second one actually made me chuckle in my meeting.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I couldn't remember the specifics, so I could be wrong. Most young players go through stuff like that, and I think we were very lucky to have our young players learn from their mistakes and grow as professionals. Perron will always have my respect for that, the guy just loves that game and was misunderstood early in his career. Oshie has definitely grown up a lot over the past couple seasons.

Yeah we've been really lucky. I don't mean to kick the Oilers while they are down, but their young guns haven't seemed to have matured much. It's pretty amazing that in just a few short years Oshie has gone from the wild child to a genuine leader on this team.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
BwE1G5rCYAIrJmb.jpg

Uh oh guys.....did nobody tell him?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Quick look at all the CHL drafted players - Fabbri was tied for second in goals scored. Fourth place was Jordan Descheneau.

And yet, Fabbri may score 400 goals in The NHL, and Descheneau could possibly never even play an NHL exhibition game! I wonder how many 100 point or 50 goal per season CHLers never made The NHL? I'm guessing there have been many, many. I can remember a lot of them. A lot of prolific scorers in Juniors never even became AHL stars. Juniors and the upper pro leagues are quite different levels of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad