Robby Fabbri helped off ice (via multiple twitter feeds)

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Anyone else have any more details?

Jeremy Rutherford ✔ @jprutherford

"@GMillerTSN: Robby Fabri (Guelph OHL, StL 1st) gets leveled by Marek Baranek of the Czechs, helped off putting no weight on his left leg."
Expand

10m
Jeremy Rutherford ✔ @jprutherford

"@ArponBasu: #Blues prospect Robby Fabbri just got leveled with an open ice hit. Needed help to get off the ice." #stlblues

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It is getting discussed in the pinned prospects thread, there is a gif of the incident in there.

On an unrelated note, does it annoy anyone else that JR just doesn't retweet?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

There's the hit again. It's a clean hit, but that doesn't stop me from being pissed about it. ****ing summer development camp injury. On the bright side, he's basically on the team if he's healthy in December. He and McDavid were by far the best players for Team Canada today, and Fabbri was equally awesome in his first game.

kfox9611

Jul 31, 2008
Ontario
Gord Miller @GMillerTSN · 4h

Initial word on Robby Fabbri (Guelph OHL, StL 1st) is that he should be ok after being hit at centre ice.

So we got good news there. Lots of scrums after that hit. Max Domi (ARI) was going after some people, Nick Ritchie (ANA) was as well. Game was over, it was a camp game, and didn't like the runs at Ekblad and Fabbri.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Hm - haven't heard any updates on him since yesterday. I would imagine that if it were something serious (ACL/MCL), we would know by now, but who knows.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hm - haven't heard any updates on him since yesterday. I would imagine that if it were something serious (ACL/MCL), we would know by now, but who knows.

Not really, you'd have to wait for the MRI and it's not like there would be a rush on something like that.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Not really, you'd have to wait for the MRI and it's not like there would be a rush on something like that.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to MRI results, but if they thought an MRI was needed. But they would likely wait a few days to let any swelling go down before they do that - good call.

lgb2012

Oct 27, 2011
He'll be fine. It's still summer and he's 3 years away from cracking the lineup. He has plenty of time to recover and get back on track if he does miss any time.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
He'll be fine. It's still summer and he's 3 years away from cracking the lineup. He has plenty of time to recover and get back on track if he does miss any time.

Are you speaking with any actual information about the nature of the injury, or just making a general statement about injuries at his stage of development?

It looked like a bad knee-on-knee contact, although the upper body contact was what got the most initial attention. There were early reports that he left the arena on crutches, but I heard from unsubstantiated sources that he was "going to be fine", suggesting there was no structural damage done.

My guess is that if there were an injury requiring surgery, we'd have heard more by now. No news is good news?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Are you speaking with any actual information about the nature of the injury, or just making a general statement about injuries at his stage of development?

It looked like a bad knee-on-knee contact, although the upper body contact was what got the most initial attention. There were early reports that he left the arena on crutches, but I heard from unsubstantiated sources that he was "going to be fine", suggesting there was no structural damage done.

My guess is that if there were an injury requiring surgery, we'd have heard more by now. No news is good news?

Exactly what I'm hoping. And I think lgb2012 is underrating both Fabbri and how serious some knee injuries can be. We know from experience via EJ. Fabbri has a legitimate shot of taking someone's roster spot next season (not this season).

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Exactly what I'm hoping. And I think lgb2012 is underrating both Fabbri and how serious some knee injuries can be. We know from experience via EJ. Fabbri has a legitimate shot of taking someone's roster spot next season (not this season).

Assuming someone had no idea about the nature of a potential knee injury, I think its pretty presumptuous to brush it off as having no significant impact on his development.

I'm not terribly worried about Fabbri, based on the discussion from the Prospects Thread where it sounds like some team official made comments to the effect that it won't be serious (though again, nothing credible I can post a link to has been reported to my knowledge).

But I thought of EJ, too.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Erik Johnson is a different person who played a different position with a different injury. Comparing the two is just being chicken little. Why worry about something so far out of our control? Just hope for the best and move on, I'm with lgb2012. He has plenty of time to recover.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If it is an ACL, I would be concerned because that is an injury that could affect him long-term. Someone that relies on quickness and agility would face potential limitations after recovery. We still shouldn't worry until he actually starts playing again and even then, if it is an ACL or another major injury, we shouldn't worry too much until he has a full season under his belt after recovering from it.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Erik Johnson is a different person who played a different position with a different injury. Comparing the two is just being chicken little. Why worry about something so far out of our control? Just hope for the best and move on, I'm with lgb2012. He has plenty of time to recover.
Recover from what?

I think that's the question we are asking here. I believe folks are just looking for factual info (if anyone has any) rather than amateur guesses about the recovery, which frankly come across as ignorant statements since I'm not convinced any of us even know the nature of his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad