Robby Fabbri helped off ice (via multiple twitter feeds)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Recover from what?

I think that's the question we are asking here. I believe folks are just looking for factual info (if anyone has any) rather than amateur guesses about the recovery, which frankly come across as ignorant statements since I'm not convinced any of us even know the nature of his injury.
You just answered your own question. Until it comes out that he tore his ACL or did anything major whatsoever why are you even panicking?

Not sure what ignorant statement I could have possibly made since my post was factual.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
You just answered your own question. Until it comes out that he tore his ACL or did anything major whatsoever why are you even panicking?

Not sure what ignorant statement I could have possibly made since my post was factual.

First of all, we're all Blues fans - haven't we been trained to expect the worst?

BlueDream - you stated that Fabbri's injury is a different injury than EJ's. Sure, that's factual because one injury happened to EJ and one happened to Fabbri, but the point Minor and I are making is that you don't know that his ACL wasn't affected. That's the main issue - we're just looking for actual confirmation from Fabbri's camp that he's fine or will be fine; we haven't heard that yet. Of course, not hearing anything could be a good thing (ie, there's no serious injury, therefore there's nothing to address). But again, since we're Blues fans, we're cautious by nature. When we hear that a player got "destroyed" by a hit, was down for a couple of minutes, didn't put any weight on his leg, and left the arena on crutches...our (Minor and I's) natural reaction is to assume the worst and wait for official word on the nature of the injury. That's all.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

Tearing his ACL wouldn't be what I'm concerned about.
The inevitable amputation of his leg due to a misdiagnosis is more of my concern.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
Tearing his ACL wouldn't be what I'm concerned about.
The inevitable amputation of his leg due to a misdiagnosis is more of my concern.

Now Im reallly worried thanks

But the way I WAS looking at it,is if they let him leave on crutches Im sure whoever `they` are, wouldnt have taken the risk if it was likely to be serious.

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
Have to admit im spoiled by the instantaneous news cycle, but really, 48 hours and not a word? Not even canada newsies speculating? Seems kinda weird.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Have to admit im spoiled by the instantaneous news cycle, but really, 48 hours and not a word? Not even canada newsies speculating? Seems kinda weird.

Hopefully it's just swelling or something preventing word from Fabbri's camp. Hope we hear soon though, I know a lot of us are a bit antsy to find out his condition so we have some kind of estimated timetable for his return.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He posted a video on Instagram of his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and showed no signs of a lingering injury. We should know more when Guelph's training camp opens.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
He posted a video on Instagram of his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and showed no signs of a lingering injury. We should know more when Guelph's training camp opens.

That was actually a replicant.

Bruce Garrioch has been in talks with Larry Brooks and Eklund and all of them confirm that Robby Fabbri has been sacrificed to the hockey gods.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
From the OHL HF Board -

OHLFanFriendly
Rookie User

vCash: 500 Confirmed Fabbri just had a deep bruise, "Charlie Horse". This came as a result of the hit he took in the final game of the WJ summer tournament. Good news, Storm need him healthy this year. He will be fine.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really hope he is going to be with McDavid at the WJC. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Really hope he is going to be with McDavid at the WJC. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

Don't see why they'd break them up. They carried the team for much of that game. Coach was double shifting them with Bennett and someone else but I've forgotten.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Don't see why they'd break them up. They carried the team for much of that game. Coach was double shifting them with Bennett and someone else but I've forgotten.

Exactly. We've talked about the Schwartz and Skinner comparisons, but my dream comparison that I think is reasonably close is Giroux. Playing with McDavid the way he did could definitely put him on that level, at least hype wise.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm hoping Fabbri turns into a Duchene type player. Both are terrific skaters and are under 6ft. Duchene's lower body is insanely powerful which makes him strong in the cycle and along the boards. Hopefully Fabbri can do similar workouts to gain the same type of build.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri has the attitude to succeed. He will do whatever it takes to be successful in the nhl

He has great hockey IQ and skill. He's not overly short and I can easily see him being around 190-200 when it's his time to shine, we can develop him slowly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad