Waived: Rob Scuderi .... Waived

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Nope, NMCs will follow a player if it's in his contract, unlike NTCs. So he either didn't have one or waived it in Chicago.

Now doesn't that just piss you off?

Thanks, man. I appreciate the explanation. It just seems a little difficult to get a straight answer on the whole thing. Likely because the details of the contract itself are widely speculated upon/not fully known.

Anything Scuderi-related pisses me off at least a little bit.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
That's pretty neat. No idea why it needs a thread though.

Hopefully after perusing through the 50 thread responses supported by 1835 hits in less than 24-hours that you now have some idea of what Scuds means to many of us!

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Tribute video? They're already sculpting a statue of "the piece" moment.
Statue will be broken down by 'fans' who will want a piece of the piece. Some of them will try to sell the pieces on eBay but get caught. Those who knew how to profit from a piece of the action will just sale the scraps for cheap at a Mexican junkyard. The piece will then be melted and molded into an overpriced toilet bowl that an unknowing Scuderi will eventually buy. It will leak (the info...), and Scuds will be laughed at for ******** on himself.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I won't blame a player for his abilities eroding, but I will blame him for being an ******* and calling out teammates and not owning up to his own play.

**** that guy.
Good point.

At the moment, I'm going to focus my mockery on the fans/media who defended his play.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
It's funny, a few days before he was waived I was watching highlights of the 2008 playoff run. I hadn't watched anything from that run since it happened live.

This one game we scored two goals that were started by Scuderi making a quick, hard, accurate pass out of the zone. It was like, "****, he used to be good." It was my second biggest takeaway from viewings.

The biggest was watching Hossa with 87 and thinking how the hell he could decide he didn't want any of that anymore. It worked out in the end for him, but man did he pull himself a Homer to get there.

tumblr_inline_nblm6obBEm1s5fasx.jpg

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
It's funny, a few days before he was waived I was watching highlights of the 2008 playoff run. I hadn't watched anything from that run since it happened live.

This one game we scored two goals that were started by Scuderi making a quick, hard, accurate pass out of the zone. It was like, "****, he used to be good." It was my second biggest takeaway from viewings.

The biggest was watching Hossa with 87 and thinking how the hell he could decide he didn't want any of that anymore. It worked out in the end for him, but man did he pull himself a Homer to get there.

tumblr_inline_nblm6obBEm1s5fasx.jpg

Got a link for highlights or just generic YouTube ones? I'd like to watch those for old times sake

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
On the waiver wire, only a couple of months after Johnston had him playing 20 minutes a night on our 2nd pairing.

Don't blame MJ FOR PLAYING him, blame JR for not buying him out in june 2014. This was a gigantic mistake. If this would have happened, maybe just maybe SD would still be here.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Don't blame MJ FOR PLAYING him, blame JR for not buying him out in june 2014. This was a gigantic mistake. If this would have happened, maybe just maybe SD would still be here.

1. That fact that you believe these two things are related is at best perplexing.
2. If they bought him out before 2014 they would have a bunch of dead cap space for 6 years (?), instead they now have a little bit of dead space for 2 years and Daley.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
So I hope you enjoyed watching scuds play for the last 1 and 1/2 years. What he did to eff the pens offense can not be quantified. When you see crap, just flush it down the toilet as fast as you can.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
So I hope you enjoyed watching scuds play for the last 1 and 1/2 years. What he did to eff the pens offense can not be quantified. When you see crap, just flush it down the toilet as fast as you can.

Way to completely miss the point. Buying out Scuderi would have been a worse choice for this org than what the end result actually was.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Again most guys are done by 35, and for those that arent the drop off can be from one week to the next... So thats why you dont give guys like that long deals

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
So I guess, you would extend LJ or Kunitz with some crazy contract. You must love lessthan average players that just bring the team down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad