Waived: Rob Scuderi .... Waived

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The only moves that can impact the hit on Pittsburgh's cap are as follows:

1) Rob Scuderi retires

2) Chicago buys him out.

If either of those two things happens, then the Pens' commitment will be reduced, either to 0, and to some % of the million+ they retained.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The only moves that can impact the hit on Pittsburgh's cap are as follows:

1) Rob Scuderi retires

2) Chicago buys him out.

If either of those two things happens, then the Pens' commitment will be reduced, either to 0, and to some % of the million+ they retained.

Doutb he wants to leave free money on the table for next season but it would sure help if he would walk away and retire.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Well he's a fool if he retires so that's not going to happen.

Dunno about a buyout either, they may just keep him as a reserve guy if they have some bottom pairing D injuries.

Or are the Hawks cap crunched again next season?

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Doutb he wants to leave free money on the table for next season but it would sure help if he would walk away and retire.

Comes down to whether he wants to ride a bus and play in a lesser league. He is done as an NHL player. Honestly, I'm not sure he is even an AHL player. I'm bettin he may retire if he is sent to the ECHL.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I doubt it. He'll be sent down and a Pittsburgh sporta writer will make a puff piece about him mentoring in the minors.

I always wondered what these guys do when the nhl team city is pretty far from the minor one. Just rent out a place and come home during breaks?

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Depending on how long they end up staying I'm bettin they stay with another player on the team.

If they end up getting assurances from the team that they are here to stay for the rest of the season they may get a short term lease or even rent a hotel room for a few months. You can usually get a significant deal if you are renting for a month. Or again, just stay with another player(s).

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Comes down to whether he wants to ride a bus and play in a lesser league. He is done as an NHL player. Honestly, I'm not sure he is even an AHL player. I'm bettin he may retire if he is sent to the ECHL.

I don't think he could play in the A. At least not well.

It is similiar to the Nhl, just not same level, in that most everyone can skate very well. Dmen gotta be mobile and Scuds just isn't.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He cleared!
Cosmo-Kramer-Laughing-in-Car-Seinfeld.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Apologies if this is a stupid question but Scuderi's movement clauses prevented the Penguins from sending him down (whether they would or not is another discussion) but these restrictions were removed once the trade was made. Is that accurate?

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Apologies if this is a stupid question but Scuderi's movement clauses prevented the Penguins from sending him down (whether they would or not is another discussion) but these restrictions were removed once the trade was made. Is that accurate?

Nope, NMCs will follow a player if it's in his contract, unlike NTCs. So he either didn't have one or waived it in Chicago.

Now doesn't that just piss you off?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ok last one or I won't work again today:

"Why'd you bring the Scuderi here?"

"That Scuderi kept me out of the hotseat!"

NO WORK

"Why don't you try WBS from now on? You can get yourself a solid defender for 600k."
"I like Scuderi here."
"******** *******, no one likes Scuderi here!"
"Yeah well I do"

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I won't blame a player for his abilities eroding, but I will blame him for being an ******* and calling out teammates and not owning up to his own play.

**** that guy.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Nope, NMCs will follow a player if it's in his contract, unlike NTCs. So he either didn't have one or waived it in Chicago.

Now doesn't that just piss you off?

Eh, if Daley wasn't working out so well, probably, but, even with the retention on Scuderi's contract, I'm happy with out this all played out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad