Rob Scuderi to Penguins (4 Year Deal)

Sydor25

LA Kings
Good question.

I think everyone wanted to believe that it was possible, even Rob himself but in the end it came down where he (RS) wanted to play. I suppose had we offered the rumored $4m for 5 yrs or something equally outside of the scope that we might have kept him. It would have taken a big deal for him to change his mind. We offered a great deal and he decided to move along.

With players and their families sometimes it comes down to timing too. The longer the negotiations took the harder it would take to sign him.

Damn East coast bias....:sarcasm:

Kings still have to spend more to keep their own players. :(

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
So he ends up leaving about 300k per on the table to return to the Pens.

Goes to a contender and where he started his career all while getting go return home.

Good for Scuds.

Great guy and deserves the best.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
**** Pittsburgh. So sick of them, and their fair weather fans that brought the team to ruin until they got Crosby, now they get a perennial contender.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
You make it even more painful. I'm hoping we're making a push for Cody Franson at least, he'd shore everything up nicely. Muzz/Martinez would be gone though...

If you want a new whipping boy, then yes, sign Franson.

There's a reason the guy went from stud prospect to a toss in to get rid of a contract by Nashville and then a healthy scratch off and on in Toronto.

The guy has a poor attitude from what I hear and really isn't all that great despite having a lot of tools.

Think Rob Blake, minus a tool box.

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

Scuderi now Pittsburgh's second best goalie behind Vokoun.

:laugh: Funny because it's true.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I'm bummed about losing Scuderi, but a 4 year deal would not have been wise for LA. When the Kings signed Regehr I figured Scuderi had made his intentions known to DL at that point. Scuderi has family back east. Not a surprise he'd wind up there.

Thanks for the Cup Rob.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I can't blame the guy. Thanks for everything, Scuds. He was a real warrior while he was here but he's visibly slowed down in the past season and a half. Hope we meet him in the finals next season!

Now, the big question is, can Mitchell suit up next season?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I can't blame the guy. Thanks for everything, Scuds. He was a real warrior while he was here but he's visibly slowed down in the past season and a half. Hope we meet him in the finals next season!

Now, the big question is, can Mitchell suit up next season?

Dean seemed confident about that in a recent interview.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
So bummed about losing Scuderi. Will never forget the 5-minute major. Will go down as quite possibly the biggest on-ice event in the history of the Kings. Rob was at the center of it. I think the team loses a huge veteran presence with his loss and I'll tell you, Mitchell had better be back and 100% or the Kings are in trouble as a team, barring some kind of epic FA signing, trade, etc.

And judging Scuderi's current value in any way based on that abortion of a 2013 regular season is a joke, IMO.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Craig Custance@CraigCustance

Just spoke with Rob Scuderi. Excited about Pitt but you could tell it wasn't easy for him to leave LA: "It was a great situation there."

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Craig Custance@CraigCustance

Just spoke with Rob Scuderi. Excited about Pitt but you could tell it wasn't easy for him to leave LA: "It was a great situation there."

I don't buy that for a second. I'm not mad that he left, it's his right to choose where he wants to finish his career, but don't lie about it. He was going back to the east coast all along.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I don't buy that for a second. I'm not mad that he left, it's his right to choose where he wants to finish his career, but don't lie about it. He was going back to the east coast all along.

I don't think he's lying at all. When you go to war with guys night in and night out for 4 years, strong bonds are formed. Something like winning a cup would be a highlight in your life, especially in the manner the Kings did it.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA

I mean no disrespect, but honestly it would appear you've never been in a team situation where you all put it on the line for each other for a common goal.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I mean no disrespect, but honestly it would appear you've never been in a team situation where you all put it on the line for each other for a common goal.

Oh I have. He said it himself in another interview, it was a "family decision". You think if it had anything to do with family he would stay? Didn't think so.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
THANKS for the Memories and the Stanley Cup Rob ... good luck in ... nah screw it you left, thanks but F' Pittsburg.

rob-scuderi.jpg
ScuderiInjury_zps5ea5f436.jpg

tumblr_mhrzzlj1iE1rwtw20o1_1280.jpg
7179751041_ac227279fd_z.jpg

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
It's sad that he would waste DL's time when it really seems like the only way he would resign here is if he got absolutely no offers from the eastern conference. Should have told DL that he wanted to move east at the trade deadline. We probably wouldn't have traded him but it would be nice to explore the options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad