Now it's time to get rid of Gazdic
Then Lander.
Then Hunt.
And finally Schultz.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Klinkhammer is trash, and MacT got destroyed in that deal with the Penguins. I don't care if Perron requested the trade, who gives a ****? Travis Hamonic requested a trade months ago, and Garth Snow still hasn't moved him. Perron had actual value, and he got nothing in return. AFAIC MacT is 100% responsible for the forthcoming (third?) rebuild. Basically set this team back by what, another 2-5 years?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Klinkhammer is trash, and MacT got destroyed in that deal with the Penguins. I don't care if Perron requested the trade, who gives a ****? Travis Hamonic requested a trade months ago, and Garth Snow still hasn't moved him. Perron had actual value, and he got nothing in return. AFAIC MacT is 100% responsible for the forthcoming (third?) rebuild. Basically set this team back by what, another 2-5 years?

Didn't we also get a first round pick in that trade?

Considering what we gave up for Perron, I still think we got a decent return, even if klinkhammer stinks.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Didn't we also get a first round pick in that trade?

Considering what we gave up for Perron, I still think we got a decent return, even if klinkhammer stinks.

Decent?

Perron has gone off a cliff. Pittsburgh will be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

MacT ****ed up a lot but that trade was one of his wins.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Meh he never was suppose to be much of anything. The only real guy that is real surprising is Fayne.

Wasn't his contribution to the improvement last year more important than the difference between Eakins and Nelson? Scrivens let MacT check off the box on goaltending. Nikitin was a top 4 D for sure as well as Fayne.

Of course, I'm just going by MacT perspective, but I think that is fair to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad