Waived: Rob Klinkhammer

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Last image of him for me is his disappointed almost resigned look going to the penalty box in that last game.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not a very good player but he tried to give the team something. I'll give him that.

But a player in over his head that doesn't have the toolbox to play at this level.

Players like this are really disposable/exchangeable facets of a salary cap league where teams throw big money at a few players and then have to fill out the lineup with whatever they can find.

Good luck in the AHL or Europe.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The wagon line was the best 4th line I've seen the Oilers iced in a long time. I'll say that.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Had a pretty good run in the league considering his talent level.

Nice guy too, sucks but he isn't good enough.

Gazdic lives through one more casualty.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They must be activating Yakupov for tonight's game. I think Stauffer tweeted they needed to make another roster move in order to acivate him with ZK getting recalled.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Had a pretty good run in the league considering his talent level.

Nice guy too, sucks but he isn't good enough.

Gazdic lives through one more casualty.

Seriously, this. I like Gazdic a lot as a person but how he keeps managing to avoid the axe is beyond me.

McDavid must REALLY like his cooking.

As for Klinkhammer, the writing was on the wall. Iiro Pakarinen stole his job.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Over Gazdic? Or Lander for that matter?

I don't (didn't) mind Klink. Not much to his game, but he had size, could skate, was willing to hit, and could be trusted to play 10 min a night reliably; more than could be said about most of the bottom 6. Next year he likely lost his spot to Kessy or Khaira, but I would have kept him until then.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Klinkhammer, Pakarinen, Kassian, Gazdic, Lander - the team is littered with guys who can't play NHL level hockey. Guys like Letestu and Korpikoski should be fourth liners, not third liners. Lots of work for Chiarelli to do this summer.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Seriously, this. I like Gazdic a lot as a person but how he keeps managing to avoid the axe is beyond me.

I've liked Pakarinen. Surprised more posters don't. With Iiro we get a player with edge that has skills. I'll take that trade off any day. I like Iiro on the forecheck and he has good shooting instincts. Creates some forecheck noise then fires quickly when he nabs a turnover.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I wouldn't be shocked if they kept him just for the FLA game and then cut him loose.

As for Klink, not a bad depth guy to have but really shouldn't be playing that many games in a season. Be a nice guy to have to call up for a few games here and there.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Really though, when healthy it's not too bad.

Hall Draisaitl Purcell
Pouliot RNH Eberle
Yakupov McDavid Kassian
Hendricks Letestu Korpikoski
Lander
wave Gazdic send Pakarinen down.

Could also load up the top two lines if you want.

Hall RNH Drai
Pouliot McDavid Eberle

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Klinkhammer, Pakarinen, Kassian, Gazdic, Lander - the team is littered with guys who can't play NHL level hockey. Guys like Letestu and Korpikoski should be fourth liners, not third liners. Lots of work for Chiarelli to do this summer.

Aw, so mean to Kassian already? :)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I think Klinkhammer has been worse than Gazdic.

Gazdic does nothing, but Klinkhammer was actively hurting the team while on the ice, IMO.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tough one for Klink. Half of our Hogans Heroes connection gone - Schultz being the other. Klink seems like a good guy, and an excellent skater. Problem is, no hands at this level, and that make him just one more unskilled guy kicking around the league's bottom feeder talent pool.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Klinkhammer's probably the worst forward on the team outside of Gazdic, but he played a lot more than Gaz did.

The forwards are starting to fill out a little bit, I think they'll look a bit better the next few games.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Klinkhammer's probably the worst forward on the team outside of Gazdic, but he played a lot more than Gaz did.

The forwards are starting to fill out a little bit, I think they'll look a bit better the next few games.

The thing about Gaz is that he can punch faces if need be. I'd much rather have Gazzy in the lineup rather than Klink. As weird as that may sound

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The thing about Gaz is that he can punch faces if need be. I'd much rather have Gazzy in the lineup rather than Klink. As weird as that may sound

I don't think either guy is a useful player at this point, but I don't think the ability to fight should be a factor at all. It's slowly being phased out of the game. Oilers need to find guys who can play hockey.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We will need Gazdic vs Panthers next week... After that he can sit up in the PB rest of the year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Having a guy like Pakarinen and Khaira step up and look not too bad and who are a lot younger really is what cost Klink his job.

I really don't think Klink the player has changed much at all, but we now have better options so like the other vets down he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad