Road To The Winter Classic starts tonight.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Solid first episode for the most part. I'd like to see more players mic'd up on the ice in-game. Hopefully they have room to go further in-depth now that they've done their introductions of the key people for each team.

My absolute favorite part of any 24/7 was the Caps/Pens game leading up to their winter classic. The players and refs being mic'd made it great.

tim_*

Their goal was obviously to mimic the HBO series and they did so pretty well.

Would be nice if there were a few less direct highlights from the typical TV cameras.

Also, the "road" speech at the very beginning was cringe-worthy, mostly in the delivery.

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
I registered for the trial, installed the app on my Android tablet, and streamed it to my TV using Chromecast. It looked great!

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Solid first episode for the most part. I'd like to see more players mic'd up on the ice in-game. Hopefully they have room to go further in-depth now that they've done their introductions of the key people for each team.

That's pretty much how I think.

HOLDITHERE*

It's definitely lacking some on ice sound bytes. But overall, it was very enjoyable.

And further solidifying Wilson's awesomeness.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I think it is better than the Wings-Leafs one and a little worse than the Rags-Flyers one. None of them compare to the Pens-Caps one though

I think I still have Pens/Caps saved. It was terrific. Between the Pens bromances with Geno and Talbot and the differentiating storylines between the two teams. Great series. It never lived up to the first season after that, in my opinion.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
It was alright. Although Q does look like a coach that could drop the occasional f-bomb, I was surprised he dropped them a lot. Also there is now footage of Toews having a personality. Or an improvement in his software. The narration was bad and made no sense when it didn't talk about hockey.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No problem for us in the UK. It just finished on Premier Sports. A channel carried by only 2 of the 4 UK TV providers. Luckily I have one of the two.

I live in Holland. the only hockey they show on tv is a 2 minute highlight reel of the final at the Winter Olympics, with Dutch commentary, with people who don't know how to pronounce player names haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad