SIJHL
DRYDEN (3) VS. FORT WILLIAM (1)

NOJHL
SUDBURY (3) VS. ABITIBI (0)

OPJHL
OAKVILLE (2) VS. MARKHAM (1)

SIJHL
Game 5 tonight Saturday April 12th
Dryden could take the series with a win.

NOJHL
Game 4 tonight Saturday April 12th
Sudbury has a chance to sweep Abitibi

OPJHL
Oakville wins game 4 by a score of 4 - 1
Oakville leads the series 3 games to 1

scouting24

Aug 27, 2007
My Road To Rbc Prediction

dudley Hewitt central
Sudbury

anavet west
Kindersley

fred Page east
Sherbrooke

doyle pacific
Penticton

scouting24

Aug 27, 2007
CJHL
Pembroke takes game 3 by a score of 6 - 1
Pembroke leads the series 3 games to 1

LHJAAAQ
Sherbrooke wins game 2 by a score of 3 - 1
Sherbrooke leads the series 2 games to 0

MJAHL
Yarmouth takes game 3 by a score of 7 -2
Yarmouth leads the series 2 games to 1

LHJAAAQ
Joliette wins game 3 by a score of 4-0
Sherbrooke leads series 2 game to 1

CJHL
Pembroke leading 5 - 0 in game 5. About 5 minutes remain in game.
Pembroke will be second year winners of the CJHL. Congrats and good luck at the Fred Page

MJAHL
Series all ties up at 2.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site

dudley Hewitt central
Sudbury

anavet west
Kindersley

fred Page east
Sherbrooke

doyle pacific
Penticton

Interesting Dudley Hewitt prediction. I'd bet on either OPJHL team personally. I've talked with a few players who have played in both leagues, and they say they OPJHL is significantly better than the NOJHL. Anything can happen of course, but I'd personally bet on Oakville or even Newmarket with their long rest.
Remember, two years ago Streetsville made the RBC semis after being off since losing in Round 1 of the playoffs, and I don't think their team was as talented as this year's Newmarket squad. Newmarket will be very well rested.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan

dudley Hewitt central
Sudbury

anavet west
Kindersley

fred Page east
Sherbrooke

doyle pacific
Penticton

I dont think Kindersley will beat Humboldt, Humboldt is just too good of a team, Im not sure how good Potrage is from Manitoba either but Kindersley had a cinderella run through the SJHL playoffs and Im not sure how they would do against a team they havent played before

scouting24

Aug 27, 2007
dudley Hewitt Cup
April 22 - 26

Sijhl - Dryden
Nojhl - Sudbury
Opjhl - Oakville
Host - Newmarket

RobbieCap

Dec 19, 2006
I remember a few years ago, the NOJHL(sudbury) team smoked the OPJHL team (st. michaels) 4-0, and went on to lose in the finals to SIJHL champs and host Fort Williams. St. Michaels was the heavy favorite with something like 7 or more guys going D-1 and plus 2 future draft choices Louis Caporuzzo(sp) and Brendan Smith.Anything can happen come this time.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
SJHL update:

Humboldt wins Game 6 to tie the series.

Game 7 Humboldt vs. Kindersly is Tuesday night.

Winner hosts Portage to start the Anavet cup Friday and Saturday night

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
I remember a few years ago, the NOJHL(sudbury) team smoked the OPJHL team (st. michaels) 4-0, and went on to lose in the finals to SIJHL champs and host Fort Williams. St. Michaels was the heavy favorite with something like 7 or more guys going D-1 and plus 2 future draft choices Louis Caporuzzo(sp) and Brendan Smith.Anything can happen come this time.

I remember being shocked by that result. I don't think there's any question St. Mike's had a far superior team in terms of talent, but I believe the long grind of the OPJHL playoffs played a role in their loss. Five Best-of-7 series' just to make it to the Dudley gassed them.
Oakville had a bye this year in Round 1, and has made relatively quick work of their opponents so far, so they've had some rest. Newmarket (as I previously mentioned) has been off for about 2 months. True, that can go either way. They'll likely be a bit rusty, but so was Streetsville in '06 and look what happened.
If I were to go on the history of the Dudley over the past few years, the OPJHL has dominated.
Very true though that anything can happen come playoff time... It will certainly be fun to watch. :D

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
MJAHL update:

Yarmouth beats Woodstock at home 4-0 in game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead. Yarmouth looks to finish the series off in Woodstock on Thursday.

scouting24

Aug 27, 2007
MJAHL UPDATE
Yarmouth wins game 5 - leads sereis 3 games to 2

LHJAAAQ
Sherbrooke win games 4 - leads the series 3 games to 1

AJHL
Camrose wins game 7 - will play Penticton for the DOYLE CUP

SJHL
Humboldt wins game 7 - will play Portage for the Anavet Cup

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
YARMOUTH!!!! wins game 6 3-1 in Woody!!!!!!

And will represent the MJAHL at the FPC :yo:

Last edited:

NWT Habs Fan

Apr 25, 2003
Edmonton, AB
Visit site
Camrose 3 Penticton 1 - Game 1 of the Doyle Cup from Camrose AB

The battle of the top two draft eligible players from Junior A went in favour of Joe Colborne tonight over Zac Dalpe.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
hows the series so far?
is it gonna be close?

Game 1 started very slow, obviously both teams were feeling eachother out in the first period. Both teams managed to get on the board in mid 1st period, then Portage got a lucky break on a really bad giveaway to make it 2-1. At one point Portage was leading 3-1 near the end of the 2nd period, but Humboldt stormed back with 4 unanswered goals in the last 25 minutes. It's worth noting that the game wasn't very physical until the 3rd period.

I'm not really sure what to expect from Portage. They look bigger then Humboldt, there goalie seemed huge. But they don't seem overly physical. They have one quick line with Eric Delong, and Nigel Dawes younger brother. But other then that they didn't seem like an overly quick team. They were very content to just set up defensively and let the Broncos come freely out of there own end. With Humboldt having speed to burn this could be bad news for Portage, as I feel if they want to succeed they're going to have to get more aggressive on the fore check, much the same way Kindersly had success in the early part of the Final.

On some Humboldt notes, they also started slowly but the speed of Matt Kirtzinger was dangerous all night, Taylor Nelson looked to be fighting it again, which is unusual after his record breaking year, the first two goals seemed particularly weak(although the 2nd was off of a terrible giveaway). Wasn't their greatest game either.

I expect a much quicker game tonight as both teams will have shaken off the nerves and rust last night.

As a homer I'm gonna pick Humboldt in 5 as they seemed so much quicker then Portage last night, but in reality if Portage starts forechecking more aggressively this could turn into a real good series.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Game 1 started very slow, obviously both teams were feeling eachother out in the first period. Both teams managed to get on the board in mid 1st period, then Portage got a lucky break on a really bad giveaway to make it 2-1. At one point Portage was leading 3-1 near the end of the 2nd period, but Humboldt stormed back with 4 unanswered goals in the last 25 minutes. It's worth noting that the game wasn't very physical until the 3rd period.

I'm not really sure what to expect from Portage. They look bigger then Humboldt, there goalie seemed huge. But they don't seem overly physical. They have one quick line with Eric Delong, and Nigel Dawes younger brother. But other then that they didn't seem like an overly quick team. They were very content to just set up defensively and let the Broncos come freely out of there own end. With Humboldt having speed to burn this could be bad news for Portage, as I feel if they want to succeed they're going to have to get more aggressive on the fore check, much the same way Kindersly had success in the early part of the Final.

On some Humboldt notes, they also started slowly but the speed of Matt Kirtzinger was dangerous all night, Taylor Nelson looked to be fighting it again, which is unusual after his record breaking year, the first two goals seemed particularly weak(although the 2nd was off of a terrible giveaway). Wasn't their greatest game either.

I expect a much quicker game tonight as both teams will have shaken off the nerves and rust last night.

As a homer I'm gonna pick Humboldt in 5 as they seemed so much quicker then Portage last night, but in reality if Portage starts forechecking more aggressively this could turn into a real good series.

thanks man.
but really hey? hmm ill say humboldt in 6. i hope it turns into anice series. MJHL teams usually are weaker are they not?

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
thanks man.
but really hey? hmm ill say humboldt in 6. i hope it turns into anice series. MJHL teams usually are weaker are they not?

In all honesty I think the only thing stopping them right now is marginal goaltending by Nelson as of late. He's still fighting the puck once in awhile out there.

I wouldn't generalize and say Manitoba teams are usually weaker though, for example Humboldt lost out last year to Selkirk in the Anavet Cup. Both Leagues have good players in them, I just feel like Humboldt is outclassing Portage in this series

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Humboldt wins game 3 3-0

and

Game 4 4-0

Humboldt wins the Anavet cup in a 4 game sweep of Portage, they will represent the SJHL/MJHL at the RBC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad