RNH vs. Hyman

RNH vs. Hyman

• Total voters

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I wouldn't trade Hyman off the leafs for 2 RNHs. I used to be a critic of Hyman, especially in his first 2 seasons, but man has he ever improved offensively. And the hustle this guy has is almost 2nd to none. Guy wins a tonne of puck battles and creates chances from his relentless forecheck. Whatever line he gets on he instantly makes it better. IMO, he is easily the 3rd most important forward on the leafs team, and considering the amount of firepower that team has, it speaks more about the quality of player he is.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
not bad, but not as good as Hyman with Mikheyev and Engvall. If you're just talking this year, it's pretty hard to view RNH as better

This year alone? It's not close.

What's RNH better at? Racking up PP points along side McDrai?

I can't think of any other way he impacts the game more so than Hyman.

Reactions: Holymakinaw

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Yah totally.
RNH only plays wing, center, powerplay, penalty kill. He doesnt even play backup goalie or defence.

Alright RNH is the better player. If that makes people feel better great. I personally don't care as I like both players.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Comparing Nuges current year to Hymans current year
Nuge is playing the worst hockey of his career this year while Hyman is playing his best is what I meant

Last year he had a career year where he was a top producer at 5v5 and an integral part of the best PP and PK in the league when Hyman was just average

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I wouldn't trade Hyman off the leafs for 2 RNHs. I used to be a critic of Hyman, especially in his first 2 seasons, but man has he ever improved offensively. And the hustle this guy has is almost 2nd to none. Guy wins a tonne of puck battles and creates chances from his relentless forecheck. Whatever line he gets on he instantly makes it better. IMO, he is easily the 3rd most important forward on the leafs team, and considering the amount of firepower that team has, it speaks more about the quality of player he is.

Can't stress this post enough. He's better than players on our team who are better than RNH.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
RNH is one his way to Tyler Johnson ville.

He will be a 40-50 point guy making way to much.

RNH is a huge disappointment. He's not going top 10 in the 2011 redraft. Oilers need to move on from him and bring in coleman+schwartz

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
RNH is one his way to Tyler Johnson ville.

He will be a 40-50 point guy making way to much.

RNH is a huge disappointment. He's not going top 10 in the 2011 redraft. Oilers need to move on from him and bring in coleman+schwartz

One mediocre season makes him a huge disappointment, not top 10 in a 2011 re-draft, and Tyler Johnson ville? Are you sure you aren’t overreacting?

Reactions: Dache

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
One mediocre season makes him a huge disappointment, not top 10 in a 2011 re-draft, and Tyler Johnson ville? Are you sure you aren’t overreacting?
Guys I'd take top 10 in 2011 over RNH

Kuch
Hamilton
Schiefele
Couturier
Zibinajad
Landeskog
Gibson
Brodin
Gaudreau
Huberdeau

The above isn't in order but there are a few others too.

RNH had a terrible year. He had an opportunity to assert himself as a top 10 player in this draft with a ppg year but was mostly invisible for the pulees this year

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Odd poll.A hard working grinder with decent skill ,that can produce with high end skill...Vrs a skilled center that can produce offense at a decent top 6 pace

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Hyman is older. Yet he has 176 career points to 470 for RNH
Hyman's career high in points is 41 points. RNH has passed that total in 7 of 9 seasons played so far. In the 2 seasons he didn't surpass that it's because he played 40 and 55 games (but was pacing both times for well above 41 points in 82 games).

Hyman seems to be having a decent season. If you want to say "this season only, Hyman has been better" - there's certainly room for that. But based on consistency, talent and track record - i'll need more than a ~30 game sample size to take him above RNH.

Hmmm this years version of Hyman is more of what the Oilers need, rather than RNH. He brings intangibles and is probably more impactful come playoff time.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You have to think, when people are saying neither for RNH vs. PLD or Monahan.
He's not a needle mover, a lesser #1 pick.

Zach just does a lot more-not just pucks in the net.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I bet the Oilers would rather have Hyman on either McDavid or Draisaitl wing than rnh. The guy only put up 3 primary 5v5 assists while playing with the 2 top producers in the game.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Zach Hyman with Mitch Marner's skill set would be a top 5 player in the NHL.
He just does everything right.

Straight A+ for all categories except innate skill, skating, passing and finishing abilities - B

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Guys I'd take top 10 in 2011 over RNH

Kuch
Hamilton
Schiefele
Couturier
Zibinajad
Landeskog
Gibson
Brodin
Gaudreau
Huberdeau

The above isn't in order but there are a few others too.

RNH had a terrible year. He had an opportunity to assert himself as a top 10 player in this draft with a ppg year but was mostly invisible for the pulees this year

Call me crazy, but if I had to make a roster to win the cup this year out of players from that 2011 draft, I'm not sure RNH even makes my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad