Eklund Rumor: RNH to NYI?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Ok, lets forget the oilers.
How many general managers in the NHL do you know?
When did any of the General Managers come out and say "Ryan Nugent Hopkins is a over paid low end 2c or high end 3 C" on a long term deal. Pretty sure you are just trying to make things up to either..

A: Stir the pot because you are bored.
B: Defend your Terrible Club
C: Jealous of the Oilers fans for having a awesome roster
D: All of the above

Several.

A. making a point about RNH's value and that he is 2 mill over paid.
B.25 games with at least a point against a way more terible club (Oilers). That record goes back to the 70's, long before you were born. Who should be defending their club again?
C. Jelous of all the #1 picks, yes.
D. Nope

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Several.

A. making a point about RNH's value and that he is 2 mill over paid.
B.25 games with at least a point against a way more terible club (Oilers). That record goes back to the 70's, long before you were born. Who should be defending their club again?
C. Jelous of all the #1 picks, yes.
D. Nope

I'll wait for your sources.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Go read the Oilers board. Seems like Oiler fans think RNH is way over paid and under performing. 2C/3C tweener paid like a high end 2C/ low end 1C.
Good source. Very good source. Mind putting it in APA format for me for I can cite it in my academic journal.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Go read the Oilers board. Seems like Oiler fans think RNH is way over paid and under performing. 2C/3C tweener paid like a high end 2C/ low end 1C.

Still waiting on that source. I think I have a better grasp of what goes on on the Edmonton board than you. There will always be a small vocal group who ***** on any player at any given time and makes emotionally charged overreaction posts. Welcome to HF Oil.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Is RNH under performing this year as a 2C... offensively, absolutely (and no one should argue that). We should be expecting a 50-60 point (.61-.73 ppg) pace from him, especially considering he is one of the better paid 2C in the league. He is currently on a 36 point (.43 ppg) pace. Defensively he has played very well, against some of the opposition's better lines. All that being said, he needs a 10 game stretch where he averages a point per game and he is back on pace.

There are other good centers struggling (less than .6 ppg = 50 points) as well... are these guys 3Cs too? Jonathan Toews (.57 ppg), Paul Stastny (.57 ppg), Jason Spezza (.56 ppg), Logan Couture (.55 ppg), Henrik Sedin (.55 ppg), Anze Kopitar (.53 ppg), Jordan Staal (.43 ppg), Adam Henrique, (.43 ppg), Evgeny Kuznetsov (.43 ppg), Derick Brassard (.41 ppg), Sean Monahan (.36 ppg), Dylan Larkin (.32 ppg), Patrice Bergeron (.32 ppg)... anyways, that's 13 centers who are all 1C or 2Cs on their respective teams, that are all struggling offensively and more than one of them make more than RNH. Does that make them 3Cs? NO! Get a grip! RNH is not considered a 3C by any GM.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
No thanks. The Hamonic ship has sailed. Oilers arent giving top vlaue for him after getting Larsson. But something like Hamonic + Barzal+ for RNH could work

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't usually pay any attention to Eklund. But this one at least makes some sense.

:popcorn:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
LOL go back to sleep

Noone is helping out the pathetic Isles. They know that if theyd dont get Tavares a linemate or improve the club somehow he is walking next year. Isles are is a state of disrepair and its bargain hunting time for players on that team

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Noone is helping out the pathetic Isles. They know that if theyd dont get Tavares a linemate or improve the club somehow he is walking next year. Isles are is a state of disrepair and its bargain hunting time for players on that team

The Oilers have just become relevant again after how long? you want Hamonic + Barzal + for a guy who has never even put up 60 points. Keep dreaming, a package like that can fetch the Isles something better then RNH.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
The Oilers have just become relevant again after how long? you want Hamonic + Barzal + for a guy who has never even put up 60 points. Keep dreaming, a package like that can fetch the Isles something better then RNH.

The Islanders had their chance to get a very good offensive player from Edmonton in Hall and failed to complete the trade. That's just how it goes some times.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
The Islanders had their chance to get a very good offensive player from Edmonton in Hall and failed to complete the trade. That's just how it goes some times.

I am not denying that, my point is that RNH is not worth Hamonic+Barzal+ as the other poster stated

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Well thank you for adding to the discussion in a mature, adult manner. Posts like these are prime examples of why so many hockey fans respect the Oilers fanbase and are rooting for your team to succeed. Perfect amount of insight into your own team's struggles this past decade or so as well as a sympathetic message for other clubs who might desperately need a GM/coaching change to shake things up.

tempest2i

Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Well thank you for adding to the discussion in a mature, adult manner. Posts like these are prime examples of why so many hockey fans respect the Oilers fanbase and are rooting for your team to succeed. Perfect amount of insight into your own team's struggles this past decade or so as well as a sympathetic message for other clubs who might desperately need a GM/coaching change to shake things up.

The post you quoted was childish and dumb. It's also the sort of stuff that has been posted towards the Oilers for as long as I've been visiting this site.

As Oilers fans can attest, no one has sympathy towards bad hockey teams. Losing sucks and it brings out the worst.

tempest2i

Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I am not denying that, my point is that RNH is not worth Hamonic+Barzal+ as the other poster stated

When a team has obvious glaring roster holes that need to be addressed, addressing those holes becomes less a game of getting maximum value and more a game of finding a palatable deal that addresses your needs.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
When a team has obvious glaring roster holes that need to be addressed, addressing those holes becomes less a game of getting maximum value and more a game of finding a palatable deal that addresses your needs.

Agreed, but in what world is RNH worth that much? the guy has never broke 60 points. I am curious now to see what this package could return...time to start a new thread haha

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna

Since when do oilers fans (correct me if I'm wrong) dare to take the word pathetic into their mouth. Rocks and glass houses and stuff.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Since when do oilers fans (correct me if I'm wrong) dare to take the word pathetic into their mouth. Rocks and glass houses and stuff.

fan...not fans...

Please do not lump us all as one....the Oilers over the past 10 years have defined pathetic in hockey terms, majority of us understand that.

tempest2i

Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Agreed, but in what world is RNH worth that much? the guy has never broke 60 points. I am curious now to see what this package could return...time to start a new thread haha

This is the second time you've brought up Nuge's point totals. Nuge is the type of player that's not going to starve a line of offense, but it's pretty clear after watching him that point production is not his primary focus on the ice. That's probably a bi-product of spending 3+ years being coached to be the defensively responsible player on his line while Hall and Eberle focused on padding their point totals.

DreamTheatre

Jul 7, 2008
Sylvan Lake, AB
I don’t know what would be coming to the oilers, but I think the Hamonic ship has sailed when we traded Hall.

Having said that, maybe the oilers think that Nuge is expendable because of LD and Drake? (I don’t agree with that, but who knows what they are thinking)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad