Eklund Rumor: RNH to NYI?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Cizikas and Hamonic. Edm gets a 3rd line center and top4 defensemen in return who both are 2-3 years older than RNH. Works with the cap aswell.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'd be really curious if Hamonic is back on the table, or if Edmonton would actually consider a package. Does not sound like it, at least not until they are up against more of a cap crunch.

NYI, COL, and EDM are just a perfect three way trade waiting to happen. I think Colorado wants a more defensive minded RH-D to pair with the kids, NY wants offense now and didn't in the off-season, and Edmonton wants a power play RH-D. It just works lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
RNH is a #2 center paid like a #1. Even though he's not a 60+ point center he would most definitely help. That being said I don't see it. Oilers aren't getting Hamonic for him. Strome + would be my guess.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
RNH is a #2 center paid like a #1. Even though he's not a 60+ point center he would most definitely help. That being said I don't see it. Oilers aren't getting Hamonic for him. Strome + would be my guess.

LOL

Paul Stastny makes 7M, and ROR makes 7.5M

#2 Centers of that caliber and age are easily worth 6M/yr. You are letting your sweet ass contract that Tavares is on blind you if you think RNH is overpaid.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
unfortunately for you guys, it'll probably be another Hall for Larsson type of deal.

Based on what? We had a desperate need for a RHD capable of playing top pairing, now we have one. Why exactly are we desperate to trade RNH? I'd love to hear your sound logic and reasoning :rolleyes:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

You should have just stopped at "Oilers aren't getting Hamonic for him" and been done with it. There is literally zero possible reasonable explanation why the Oilers would be interested in Strome+ for RNH.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean it makes sense. Isles biggest loss was Frans Nielsen and RNH is pretty much Nielsen on steroids. They have the depth to offset a Hamonic loss.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
This is a time of the year to be thankful and I'm thankful that this rumor is coming from Eklund and not Bob McKenzie or Elliote Friedman. :thumbu:

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
LOL

Paul Stastny makes 7M, and ROR makes 7.5M

#2 Centers of that caliber and age are easily worth 6M/yr. You are letting your sweet ass contract that Tavares is on blind you if you think RNH is overpaid.

Stastny is absolutely overpaid, and I am one that also thinks ROR is overpaid.

Ideal 2nd line centre contract is Kadri at 4.5m.

RNH is overpaid for what he brings. He just isnt that good.

At the same time Hamonic is a 2nd pairimg dman. Valuewise the 2 arent that far off. Big diff is the contract. Homonic is on a great contract...RNH isn't. So Edm probably has to add.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Rnh has not been great production wise this season. He's ppg is low. I don't think hes worth hamonic at all.

Sure if we're just stat watching and also assume he's going to shoot 6% under his career average all year. Any need the Oilers had for Hamonic set sail on the ship that sent Hall to NJ.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Stastny is absolutely overpaid, and I am one that also thinks ROR is overpaid.

Ideal 2nd line centre contract is Kadri at 4.5m.

RNH is overpaid for what he brings. He just isnt that good.

At the same time Hamonic is a 2nd pairimg dman. Valuewise the 2 arent that far off. Big diff is the contract. Homonic is on a great contract...RNH isn't. So Edm probably has to add.

Ideal is more like 5M actually these days IMO.

I get your view point, but Edmonton is also not the one who is up against the wall. NY was dealing from a strong position in the off-season, that has changed.

RNH still has some chance of breaking out offensively as well, but that will probably depend on having a real scoring threat on his right wing (goal scorer), and not having to play a shutdown role. His PPG is not going to be as good when hes not being given the offensive starts and matchups as well. Personally I think he's doing fine, and you can see that Edmonton fans are happy with him.

I do still believe Hamonic/RNH/Barrie can work for all teams involved though. All of them are 2nd pairing/2nd line types, but very high end for their role, and it fits pretty well with all three teams needs.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ideal is more like 5M actually these days IMO.

I get your view point, but Edmonton is also not the one who is up against the wall. NY was dealing from a strong position in the off-season, that has changed.

RNH still has some chance of breaking out offensively as well, but that will probably depend on having a real scoring threat on his right wing (goal scorer), and not having to play a shutdown role. His PPG is not going to be as good when hes not being given the offensive starts and matchups as well. Personally I think he's doing fine, and you can see that Edmonton fans are happy with him.

I do still believe Hamonic/RNH/Barrie can work for all teams involved though. All of them are 2nd pairing/2nd line types, but very high end for their role, and it fits pretty well with all three teams needs.

Good post, I appreciate the actual lay out of your thought process. RNH's production will go up. He was on a 50 point pace last year through an injury riddled season despite playing 2nd fiddle to Draisaitl and McDavid for the year. His biggest issue this year has been poor shooting luck, and poor play from line mates. Pouliot has played horrible and has been his most common linemate, and his RW has been a revolving door of rookies in Puljujarvi (when he was struggling early in the year) and Slepyshev, and role-players in Kassian/Pitlick. He's now on a line with Maroon and Eberle and that line looks great. They've been a scoring threat every night since being reunited and if Eberle could hit the damn net with all his high quality chances and Maroon could get some puck luck (has like 3 or 4 posts in the last few games) then RNH's production would have already taken off. I still think he'll score around 50 points when the seasons all said and done (assuming he's healthy). His play away from the puck and in puck battles has been outstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad