Proposal: RNH + Klefbom for OEL + Stepan

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I'm honestly wondering if OEL would consider re-signing there to begin with.
Ding ding ding...

This is the biggest reason why they'd consider it. Klefbom for many years at $4M is better than losing your franchise D for nothing. These discussion (btwn OEL and PHX) must have already taken place, so a downgrade on D (but with a fantastic contract) and a slight upgrade (IMO) at C would be a pretty reasonable match.... if one were forced to deal OEL anyway.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
OK, so assuming Stepan and RNH are a wash, are people forgetting that OEL is an UFA in 130 games? People really think Klefbom (on good deal for 6 more years) + 2018 1st + Puljujarvi is fair value?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I love it. 6 months ago I kept seeing threads about Klefbom being the most underrated defenseman in hockey, and how amazing he is. What happened?

24 games of a very long season. Choose to conclude if you wish. I don't see Brayden Schenn finishing ahead of McDavid in points either.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
OK, so assuming Stepan and RNH are a wash, are people forgetting that OEL is an UFA in 130 games? People really think Klefbom (on good deal for 6 more years) + 2018 1st + Puljujarvi is fair value?

People are insane and always forget contract status. Coyotes fans can demand whatever they want, it doesn't mean anyone will pay it, and time is not on their side.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If any moderators can hear me, please have it say whether or not it's rumour/proposal/value of/confirmed trade with link threads, because it doesn't say by the thread where it shows the latest thread like the old HFBoards did? Tired of seeing these threads on the side and not knowing if it's a trade or not.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
it does matter, Chayka values him highly

25 games does not change that

If that's the case, then Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can return OEL because he was the 1st overall pick in 2011 and the Oilers value him highly. 6 seasons doesn't change that.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If that's the case, then Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can return OEL because he was the 1st overall pick in 2011 and the Oilers value him highly. 6 seasons doesn't change that.

Did chia sign him or give him that contract?

6 yrs vs a few months

If that's the case

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If any moderators can hear me, please have it say whether or not it's rumour/proposal/value of/confirmed trade with link threads, because it doesn't say by the thread where it shows the latest thread like the old HFBoards did? Tired of seeing these threads on the side and not knowing if it's a trade or not.
Did you download some other software to view the site? The standard mobile shows these tags in both portrait and landscape for me. They are also visible on desktop for me.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Derek Stephan has been underwhelming this season and probably the future. Big pass.

OEL can walk after next year and Klef is on a sweetheart deal for the next 4-5 years.
And there are about 20 other teams that would easily beat that low ball offer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
JP doesn't make the add keller lol, maybe duclair

Id say JP + klef + 2nd would prob be fair value, I think if jp is part of the deal the pick drops.

The Oilers are 28th in the league, why in the world would we give up that much for a guy that can walk at the end of next season?

When does OEL's value take a hit for being part of such a massively awful team for the last few years - or is that exclusively an Oiler phenomenon?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Did you download some other software to view the site? The standard mobile shows these tags in both portrait and landscape for me. They are also visible on desktop for me.

I just want to be able to see what kind of thread is shown; lots of errors on the site too such as when I see twitter on the page it makes the screen longer and can't see any comments or posts below it. I only fixed one thing that was on the site like where I deleted typos or whatever, it wouldn't let me do that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Oilers are 28th in the league, why in the world would we give up that much for a guy that can walk at the end of next season?

When does OEL's value take a hit for being part of such a massively awful team for the last few years - or is that exclusively an Oiler phenomenon?

IDK I didn't make the thread, I just thought it was funny you thought pulj meant add keller. I don't think they should make a move for OEL specially at what it would cost.

I honestly don't know what the oilers should do.... I thought they were trending the right way last year and now this year they went back to their old ways.(obviously fire the GM would be a priority, but I think a new coach would be a good idea also), I think they spent too much money/roster spots bulking up to compete with the ducks/kings of the west. At the same time I do think if you guys made a move for a top notch dmen, and could clear enough cap space to give them a fair contract, playing with McDavid for 5+ years is prob a pretty nice incentive. Problem is you guys have a lot of dead weight on fairly large contracts. I think they also need to find a way to have a mcdaivd line and a draisitl line. Maybe Yamo and pulj are solutions in the not to distant future.

rt

May 13, 2004
I just want to be able to see what kind of thread is shown; lots of errors on the site too such as when I see twitter on the page it makes the screen longer and can't see any comments or posts below it. I only fixed one thing that was on the site like where I deleted typos or whatever, it wouldn't let me do that.
Right. What you're asking for in terms of thread category tags does seem to exist and function properly for me as a user of the default offering of the site.

rt

May 13, 2004
JP doesn't make the add keller lol, maybe duclair

Id say JP + klef + 2nd would prob be fair value, I think if jp is part of the deal the pick drops.
Klefbom, Puljujarvi and a 2nd is worth considering if OEL wants to leave. I don't think he does and I'd rather just keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad