Proposal: RNH + Klefbom for OEL + Stepan

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Huge risk from Edmonton if OEL doesn't re-sign. If I'm the Oilers, I'd pass. RNH isn't that much behind Stepan (one could argue RNH is better), and Klefbom is just on a cold streak. He'll rebound.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
The value of Klefbom is his contract.

Do you think arizona is going to give OEL a long term deal which would be around $70 million, with a huge signing bonus upfront with their cheap ownership.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Do you think arizona is going to give OEL a long term deal which would be around $70 million, with a huge signing bonus upfront with their cheap ownership.

I'm honestly wondering if OEL would consider re-signing there to begin with.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

No reason not to. The cap floor is going up, they have to spend money on someone, might as well be OEL. And I doubt huge signing bonuses are necessary. If you look at the big Dmen contracts around the league about the most front loaded you'll find is $2m over the AAV early in the contract.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Does either team do it?

As an Oiler fan I would rather RNH over Stephan . Now Klefbom vs OEL isn't even close . Klefbom ++ is what it would take to get OEL and even then Arizona only does it he he isn't resigning with them and of course the Oilers don't give up those pieces with out a deal in place .

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Does either team do it?
When I saw this in the forum list, I just saw "RNH + Klefbom for OEL" and thought "hey, that sounds pretty reasonable." So either Oilers add a bunch, or just take out Stepan and the value might balance relatively well.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I love it. 6 months ago I kept seeing threads about Klefbom being the most underrated defenseman in hockey, and how amazing he is. What happened?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
I can understand the merit to the proposed deal. But looking at the bounty that Joe Sakic hauled in, I wouldn't settle for any deal that didn't at least come close to that. I mean, Oiler fans are absolutely roasting Peter Chiarelli right now over his Hall-Larsson trade, so Chayka should tread carefully.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I love it. 6 months ago I kept seeing threads about Klefbom being the most underrated defenseman in hockey, and how amazing he is. What happened?

He's been playing hurt because we have no depth and Sekera is hurt. Because he's playing hurt, physically he's maybe at 80%. Because he's only at 80%, he's making mistakes he normally wouldn't make. Because he's making mistakes he wouldn't normally make, his confidence is suffering. Because his confidence is suffering, he's making even more mistakes, and now his offensive game - his bread and butter - is suffering too.

Obvious solution is give him a few games off to heal assorted minor injuries, but... yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad