Proposal: RNH + Klefbom for OEL + Stepan

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
OEL & Management have both said publicly they are interested in getting a deal done. It would take OEL telling the team he wants out for them to make a trade.

Why wouldn't the Coyotes wait until the draft/July 1st to make any hypothetical OEL trade? OEL with 50% retention on the remaining deal and signed to an 8 year extension worked out with the acquiring team. That should fetch a ton of value. At that point, the Coyotes will know where they pick and it would likely have direct impact on the trade return.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Right. What you're asking for in terms of thread category tags does seem to exist and function properly for me as a user of the default offering of the site.
When I view the list of threads on the page is shows, but when I view it before I enter and I see on the sidebar before I see all the threads of the last on with interaction it doesn't say what kind of thread it is, I have to check it on the thread part.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I'll take Klefbom at 4.17 through the 22-23 season over OEL and his deal ending in a year and a half.

I don't really see the point of swapping Nuge for Stepan.

Arizona fans will scoff at this being proposed for OEL since I think he's fairly valued as a better player than Klefbom but cap and term matter and this swap makes no sense for Edmonton.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The Oilers are 28th in the league, why in the world would we give up that much for a guy that can walk at the end of next season?

When does OEL's value take a hit for being part of such a massively awful team for the last few years - or is that exclusively an Oiler phenomenon?
Because you need a proven #1D to win in the playoffs (more then 1 round). Proven and still young #1D's are worth a fortune. Oilers players like Eberle/Yak/RHN were never proven. RNH is a 2c/3c but not worth the 6 mill he makes. Stepan has started off slow but is still a better player then RNH.

OEL will resign anyway. if the Coyotes move him it would take Klef/Drai/+. But why would the Coyotes do that when they can sign OEL for close to Drai money. Drai is still a winger, not a proven 1C, so he isn't close to the worth or value in a trade as a 1D and Klef is a border line top pairing D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad