Rivet and Peters rip The Sabres. Spot on.

Deleted member 346512

THAT`S THE f***ING TRUTH! Even if no one wants to hear it. Respect to Rivet and Peters for addressing this so clearly! Things can't improve if things continue as they are now, we can wait another 15 years. Something simply has to change fundamentally! Things cannot continue like this

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The coach is soft as butter.

Our guys get put on their ass in front of the other teams net and in front of our net last game the other team took 2-3-4-5 swings at the puck while sabres players stand there.

I see people in love with Granato and Adams and these two clowns have now grifted off the sabres for 3-4 years. But honestly are they really grifting when Pegula pats these two guys on the back for spewing the company line.

Cozens called out the team the game before about not being physical and tough. Watch his play last game, he is dead in the eyes. When it came time to be tough he ran away with the tail between his legs.

Also mentioned in this podcast is Aho goes after Peyton Krebs and Peyton Krebs did NOTHING. Go look at the Game Day thread. I also pointed this out the moment it happened. Aho was ripping at Krebs and Krebs did nothing! Absolutely nothing. Maybe he blew a kiss to him and I missed it but he did nothing. Cozens called out this team the game before and Krebs as a free opportunity to kick the snot out of Aho and he did what? Nothing.

This is the coach. 100% the coach and he is soft as butter.

its mind boggling how anyone can defend these two clowns after 4 years from Adams and 3 from Granato.

Lets not forget our 3 goalie clown show and how it started last year. Adams asked the team what he should do. I got heat from posters last year for calling this bullshit out. Adams asked the guys about having 3 goalies on the roster cause they were all liked by the guys. So Adams waived Hinostroza and the 3 goalie lovefest good vibes began.

Making tough decisions is a part of showing true leadership. Its a clown show. Everytime you hear Adams is looking to make a trade he is just checking it out. Cause he is to weak to make a decision.

I don't blame Eichel for wanting out. I watched the games, he was hacked, slashed, hit from behind on a daily basis and the team did nothing to defend him. Maybe I am old school hockey fan but not defending your best player on the ice when he is slashed is an embarrassment.

The coach is so soft, he is soft as butter. This clown needs to be gone.

Adams is too weak to make a decision, Adams is scared as hell to trade away any prospect to help this team win. Its tough being a sabres fan.

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
THAT`S THE f***ING TRUTH! Even if no one wants to hear it. Respect to Rivet and Peters for addressing this so clearly! Things can't improve if things continue as they are now, we can wait another 15 years. Something simply has to change fundamentally! Things cannot continue like this
Things can (and will) continue like this. It’s all we know, it’s a way of life under the Pegulas.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
They also mention Zach Benson in the podcast and it scares the hell out of me that this team and the soft coach wears off on Benson.

Wow Botterill didn't want to sign Skinner and Pegula overrode him. I always blamed Botterill for that signing. I don't know if Rivet and Peters know that for a fact but if its true Botts got a raw deal

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Also mentioned in this podcast is Aho goes after Peyton Krebs and Peyton Krebs did NOTHING. Go look at the Game Day thread. I also pointed this out the moment it happened. Aho was ripping at Krebs and Krebs did nothing! Absolutely nothing. Maybe he blew a kiss to him and I missed it but he did nothing. Cozens called out this team the game before and Krebs as a free opportunity to kick the snot out of Aho and he did what? Nothing.
This is probably the only part where I see the logic. We have ALWAYS been getting the extra penalty when there is a scrum, like to a comical degree. We have seen in the past that Krebs has no issue with the rough stuff, but this reeks of a team that is afraid to do anything because they know they are for sure getting the extra penalty if they fight back. I am not absolving them of guilt. They need to fight back and penalties be damned, just trying to explain my thoughts for why some of them may be gun shy when it comes to the rough stuff. Some of them ( a lot) are definitely soft though.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
What an overwhelming number of people, fans, players, coaches and management already know around the league.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The coach has a roster of soft players it isn't his fault. This team's losing record is almost directly tied to the severe center regression. Mitts passes well but can't score. Cozens is short like 6-8 goals from his expected pace. Thompson being injured throws this whole team, especially on the PP. Add up to 10 goals for him There is 15-20 goals in two players alone we are missing. This team does not have that margin for error with so many useless players. Cozens in a funk is dealing with top 6 lines. Mitts is just not that dynamic outside of his playmaking and is against top lines. Krebs is useless so line 3 is useless, line 4 is nothing. Need to make a splash now, time to trade some assets.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
Meh

What a surprise that the former un-skilled physical grinders will say the team is too soft when we're losing.

I thought it was interesting that they said Botterill did not want to sign Skinner and was over-ridden by Pegula. These guys have been around the organization for years so it's plausible they have some actual insider-info there.

I'm skeptical of the claim though. Why did we not hear about this earlier? If T-Pegs loved Skinner that much why was he OK with Krueger stapling him to the 4th line/press box for basically his entire tenure?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The coach has a roster of soft players it isn't his fault. This team's losing record is almost directly tied to the severe center regression. Mitts passes well but can't score. Cozens is short like 6-8 goals from his expected pace. Thompson being injured throws this whole team, especially on the PP. Add up to 10 goals for him There is 15-20 goals in two players alone we are missing. This team does not have that margin for error with so many useless players. Cozens in a funk is dealing with top 6 lines. Mitts is just not that dynamic outside of his playmaking and is against top lines. Krebs is useless so line 3 is useless, line 4 is nothing. Need to make a splash now, time to trade some assets.
I would not be upset at all if Adams were to trade Krebs+ to Calgary for Lindholm. I just do not see Krebs developing to the point where he is a better top 9 C than TNT, Cozens, or Mitts. And he is not a 4th line center.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
I listened to the podcast.
My summary of their takeaways

-Really upset that some people they knew well were fired. Bots would not do so he was fired and Kevin Adams brought in
- when you are paid by the team, they want you to speak to the team talking points
- team too soft needs some grittier players
- should have brought in starting goalie and traded upl and Comrie and use Levi as a backup for two years
-skinner is horrible. Maybe worst player on team
-power is un disciplined and over commits. Needs top partner which he doesn’t have
- need to replace 6 forwards which include skinner, Kyle,Girgs and Jost. But girgensons has been missed while he has been out
- too many skilled players. Too much on outside
-Matt Ellis should not run. Power play
- Owner needs to go. Kevin Adams needs to go. Granato needs to go

Did I miss anything?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I would not be upset at all if Adams were to trade Krebs+ to Calgary for Lindholm. I just do not see Krebs developing to the point where he is a better top 9 C than TNT, Cozens, or Mitts. And he is not a 4th line center.
Yeah my package definitely has Krebs in it. Go out and acquire a game changing winger that is unhappy with Krebs 1st top prospect or something like that. A top line needs to be elite and Skinner really needs to drop down one, but no one is nearly ready to replace him.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
They also mention Zach Benson in the podcast and it scares the hell out of me that this team and the soft coach wears off on Benson.

Wow Botterill didn't want to sign Skinner and Pegula overrode him. I always blamed Botterill for that signing. I don't know if Rivet and Peters know that for a fact but if its true Botts got a raw deal
I believe Tim Graham has also said that previously. It’s not the first time I’m hearing it.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I find it interesting that sometimes hockey players devolve into nothing more than fans.
And a good reminder that while our former players like Adams and Ellis aren't all-knowing hockey wizards (like we are), there are always dumber former players that could be running the show.

Peters is very funny I'll give him that. He internalized all those AHL bus ride comedy flicks.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Never listened to this before, but it's amusing at least. They're right about the obvious stuff, and probably right about some of the inside stuff... but their perspective does seem to devolve into "why aren't they going out there and beating everyone up" which sounds like what I imagine Peters and Rivet are probably beating their chests about through the 370 other episodes too. And to a lesser extent what everyone already knows about the team needing to be physically and mentally tougher.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Never listened to this before, but it's amusing at least. They're right about the obvious stuff, and probably right about some of the inside stuff... but their perspective does seem to devolve into "why aren't they going out there and beating everyone up" which sounds like what I imagine Peters and Rivet are probably beating their chests about through the 370 other episodes too. And to a lesser extent what everyone already knows about the team needing to be physically and mentally tougher.
The bit about Reeves had me in stitches and confirmed your thoughts. The fact they think REEVES would do what they think he would do, on this team, at this point in the season, when he's not even doing that in a more engaged fanbase, and better team with Toronto is hilarious and shows they aren't paying attention.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Meh

What a surprise that the former un-skilled physical grinders will say the team is too soft when we're losing.

I thought it was interesting that they said Botterill did not want to sign Skinner and was over-ridden by Pegula. These guys have been around the organization for years so it's plausible they have some actual insider-info there.

I'm skeptical of the claim though. Why did we not hear about this earlier? If T-Pegs loved Skinner that much why was he OK with Krueger stapling him to the 4th line/press box for basically his entire tenure?
I believe Tim Graham has also said that previously. It’s not the first time I’m hearing it.

Yeah, that rumor was absolutely going around when Skinner signed. That it was a Pegula call and not a Botts call. Peters/Rivet just parroting the rumors of the time there.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The last two episodes with interviews with Vanek and Roy (separately) were even better because those guys have more grounded, yet interesting observations, and can also shrug off some of the asinine statements the two hosts can sometimes (often) make.

Let's remember that they're in the entertainment biz and have to find a way to stay entertaining while covering the worst organization in pro sports history. I think some of the histrionics is for entertainment value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad