TV: Riverdale

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Did anybody see the preview that shows that Grundy is an imposter of the REAL Mrs. Grundy, who's actually an old lady who mysteriously disappeared or something? :laugh:

I only saw a couple, but I think the worst part of every episode is the cringe-worthy Jughead monologues that bookend the show.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Did anybody see the preview that shows that Grundy is an imposter of the REAL Mrs. Grundy, who's actually an old lady who mysteriously disappeared or something? :laugh:

I only saw a couple, but I think the worst part of every episode is the cringe-worthy Jughead monologues that bookend the show.
So.. So..bad. The actor's delivery is severely lacking and the lines are simply poor to begin with.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
That is another pretty cringeworthy detail. I generally dislike non-diegetic monologues to begin with, but this takes it to a whole other level of bad...........dear lord.

That and the entirety of episode 3 have been by two biggest pet peeves thus far.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yet sadly, for some reason we're all still watching this :laugh:

It's like a slow motion trainwreck you can't pull your eyes away from.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Sweet lord, this show is trying to brainwash teens into rebelling against their parents! :laugh:

But seriously, every parent in this show is a garbage human being and they all deserve to burn in the eternal fiery depths of hell.

Except for Mrs. Lodge and Mr. Andrews. Maybe.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sweet lord, this show is trying to brainwash teens into rebelling against their parents! :laugh:

But seriously, every parent in this show is a garbage human being and they all deserve to burn in the eternal fiery depths of hell.

Except for Mrs. Lodge and Mr. Andrews. Maybe.

The Mayor is fine, her husband is a piece of **** though. Mrs. Lodge is a little slimy. Mr. Andrews is a perfect dad. The Sheriff seems fine too.

The Coopers and the Blossoms are particularly despicable. Jughead's dad isn't far behind. Leaving his own son on the streets? WTF?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Yet sadly, for some reason we're all still watching this :laugh:

It's like a slow motion trainwreck you can't pull your eyes away from.

Veronica in a catsuit with that smirk...my brain just stops braining for a while.
This show is a guilty pleasure, no apology required.

Jul 10, 2010
The Mayor is fine, her husband is a piece of **** though. Mrs. Lodge is a little slimy. Mr. Andrews is a perfect dad. The Sheriff seems fine too.

The Coopers and the Blossoms are particularly despicable. Jughead's dad isn't far behind. Leaving his own son on the streets? WTF?
I took it as Jughead not wanting to live with his dad for the obvious reasons

But yea this show is terrible but I can't stop watching

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
558674cfffd294e4e3ca80602b51e7c1.jpg

it was jugheads dad and matthew lillard the entire time

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
the mood, Pacific Northwest setting, and the unsolved murder.. kinda reminds me of the Twin Peaks series..

Guess I'm not the only one who felt a sense of Twin Peaks' nostalgia watching Riverdale. A recent Vanity Fair article pointed out similarities, & reminded me that Madchen Amick acted in both series..

Twin Peaks' Shelly, turned Betty Cooper's mom:

twin-peaks-riverdale-02.jpg

Also think the exterior shot of the Coopers' house, was used for a home in Twin Peaks, but not sure.. probably a lot of similar houses around that area.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Guess I'm not the only one who felt a sense of Twin Peaks' nostalgia watching Riverdale. A recent Vanity Fair article pointed out similarities, & reminded me that Madchen Amick acted in both series..

Twin Peaks' Shelly, turned Betty Cooper's mom:

twin-peaks-riverdale-02.jpg

Also think the exterior shot of the Coopers' house, was used for a home in Twin Peaks, but not sure.. probably a lot of similar houses around that area.

Wow, and a young Betty Cooper's mom kind of looks like current Veronica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad