TV: Riverdale

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
was it necessary to base this off riverdale what a load of crap

CW taking a huge **** on the archie comics

archie is hooking up with MS FREAKING GRUNDY. Archie is a football playing stud who everyone in riverdale wants

wheres the archie jughead friendship, hes buds with reggie? i grew up reading the comics and it made me sick to see what they did here

what JUNK

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Ummm....so exactly how old is the girl who plays Veronica? Just wondering......

Super hot. She's playing someone in highschool so probably 24. (Googled it she's 22)

The miss grundy thing was weird but Archie was on the football team in the comics and I don't think he was horrible and he always did have the 3 hottest girls other than mooses girl going after him in the comics.

As for the Jughead thing it seems like something happened between them when Jughead was giving Archie advice about Betty.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
When I saw an ad for this on facebook I couldn't believe it. I used to love Archie comics but this just seems awful. Couldn't they have made it a separate thing? They should've just brought back Archie's weird mysteries.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I remember when I was a kid, I used to draw surreal parallels between the characters in Archie and the characters in Saved by the Bell, and getting my mind blown from the similarities. :laugh:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Was told about the show and the premise and it sounded interesting Saw the preview on netflix and it looked awful. Basing this off of Archie seems pointless.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was told about the show and the premise and it sounded interesting Saw the preview on netflix and it looked awful. Basing this off of Archie seems pointless.

they are trying to make a modern twin peaks it seems

but why would they need to base it off archie comic characters and not even keep the characters consistent with their comic versions

it makes no sense. why is ms. grundy young and hooking up with archie? why is archie the hot young thing in riverdale who isn't friends with jughead? why is reggie asian?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This is basically CW's "Hey We're Going To Fight Back Emerald City" and take classic material and "modernize it."

I have zero expectations, the only way I'd even give this show a chance is if they start doing some crazy $&^#^ like have John Constantine or The Legends show up. Then it would be awesome. Because of different ownership there's no chance that John Bernthal would show up an do Archie vs. Punisher which might be the greatest gift to fans ever.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Archie hooking up with Miss Grundy? Think I'll take a pass on this.

Ms Grundy comics
ZF6jJiYB8wMO0VY-ME5z8NMdh1jdh0Kwn_mP-1buc6kRZXJJsIrL5Web5pLQfynAiNHQkVZbtNlGtviycdHJqBinLevYKdjPFM6235osX94fsM5O2OM

Ms Grundy Riverdale
Ce9hcY_UUAAjWng.jpg

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
they are trying to make a modern twin peaks it seems

but why would they need to base it off archie comic characters and not even keep the characters consistent with their comic versions

it makes no sense. why is ms. grundy young and hooking up with archie? why is archie the hot young thing in riverdale who isn't friends with jughead? why is reggie asian?

Why wouldn't Archie be the hot young thing in riverdale ? He constantly had Betty Veronica and Cheryl fighting over him in the comics even tho he looked goofy.

I'm okay with reggie being Asian because all of the main characters were white. And Archie comics only had 4 page storylines so obviously they have to make something plot worthy even if it's loosely based

I'm more upset about jughead not being goofy and being able to eat 50 hamburgers than reggie being friends with archie because they were all friends they were just rivals

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I had to Google who "Cheryl" was. Wealthy daughter of a software engineer...

Yeah, she came along well after my Archie comic reading days, I believe.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Betty Cooper was Alice Cooper's daughter.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have a box at my home dedicated to just Archie comics. Loved reading when I was younger and even still enjoy reading them today, but not as much as I used to. This Riverdale show is probably more aimed at my age group so I actually kind of like the pilot episode. My main dislikes are the obvious Archie and Ms. Grundy relationship which is just weird, I don't like that Reggie is seen as minor character who pops in and out, I also didn't like Jughead being kind of like an outcast who's not constantly thinking about food and being the whimsical character that he was in the comics. Jughead and Reggie featured heavily in the comics and it doesn't seem right that they are considered secondary. I don't mind movies/shows deviating from the original source to a certain extent, but I feel with Jughead they went too far with him.

Overall I liked the pilot. Curious to see how the rest of the season will play out.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
watched the first episode--they could have done a lot better then tossing in the twin peaks crap

one of the keys to why archie was popular was the fact HE WAS NOT POPULAR

I do not mind reboots--but this is just silly

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This feels like someone submitted a generic, twisty twin-peaksy teen drama spec script to the CW, and some marketing exec said "this might be interesting, but let's slap the Archie license on it to get peoples' attention!"

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Luke Perry plays Archie's dad? I mean, I guess he's old enough, but I seem to remember Archie's dad being bald and overweight. Then again, I got a look at who is playing Ms. Grundy, so I guess all bets are off.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Super hot. She's playing someone in highschool so probably 24. (Googled it she's 22)

The miss grundy thing was weird but Archie was on the football team in the comics and I don't think he was horrible and he always did have the 3 hottest girls other than mooses girl going after him in the comics.

Now that we know about Moose, there is a real possiblity if Midge does exist in this timeline she may make a movie on good ol' Archie.

By the way. These are the oldest looking 15-year-olds I have seen. They make the 90210 cast from the 90's look like babies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad