GDT: Rivalry night Caps @ Flyers. 8pm nbcsn

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Couldnt watch the game. Was it loltby or the bluelines fault tonight?

Both.

Wait, you're not surprised that Hillen didn't fix everything? Blasphemy!

Now tomorrow, Halak can't go yet, so Grubauer gets the start. He pitches a shutout IN Boston and BOOM! We have a 3-goalie carousel again. Get ready boys!

Last edited:

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
So judging by the rules when in Philly where goalies can just decide to go ******* and throw punches and no third man in exists.

Next season...payback should be to unmercilessly punch Giroux in the face with our Goalie while our power forward holds him down. Clearly in Philly that would be ok.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
So judging by the rules when in Philly where goalies can just decide to go ******* and throw punches and no third man in exists.

Next season...payback should be to unmercilessly punch Giroux in the face with our Goalie while our power forward holds him down. Clearly in Philly that would be ok.

nah, I vote Simmonds. Dbag.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I can't even get mad at this team. They're like the old dumb dog that can't help but piss on the floor. They'll be put down for the year soon enough.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
So yes, you did just start following hockey this year.

do you still think holtby is a great goalie?

our blue line sucks no doubt, but so does holtby. and its ridiculous how some are refusing to acknowledge this.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Both.

Wait, you're not surprised that Hillen didn't fix everything? Blasphemy!

Now tomorrow, Halak can't go yet, so Grubauer gets the start. He pitches a shutout IN Boston and BOOM! We have a 3-goalie carousel again. Get ready boys!

Why cant halak go tomorrow? Wtf!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
do you still think holtby is a great goalie?

our blue line sucks no doubt, but so does holtby. and its ridiculous how some are refusing to acknowledge this.

You're underestimating the influence the water bottle routine has on a few....

Braden+Holtby+Washington+Capitals+v+New+York+7iLiFxlN7U9x.jpg

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
There is no way that should have been called a penalty at the end. MacDonald's shot broke Ovi's stick--and he tried to buy the call. Come on now. :laugh:

Hey, it worked for Chara.

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 2m
Asked McPhee about Halak going from St. Louis, which averaged no more than 27.7 shots against last 4 yrs, to #Caps who average 33.4….

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m
GMGM: “…Teams get probably more shots the way we play but most...are from the outside…That might be better for this particular goaltender.â€

I was going to post this. Fishman goes to the advanced stats conference, and the team philosophy is "allow more shots?"

Holtby in my mind has lost the right to start another game this season. Pivotal game and he came out and played like poop. Time to start treating him like poop and leave him on the bench.

You leave poop on the bench? Remind me never to play on or after your beer league team.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Oh, and wtf is Ovechkin doing when the puck is cleared up his side? He literally just turns and whacks blindly at it or flips it out to nobody flying up the opposite wing. Beer leaguers do that. Could help explain his low Corsi numbers.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I'm still scratching my head...why do we never address our blueline? It's been broken for years and years. Address the god damn problem for Pete's sake

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Oh, and wtf is Ovechkin doing when the puck is cleared up his side? He literally just turns and whacks blindly at it or flips it out to nobody flying up the opposite wing. Beer leaguers do that. Could help explain his low Corsi numbers.

Notice all of our wingers do that.

Don't question the "system".

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Sometimes goalies get too much credit or too much blame for the defense. While this defense is beyond terrible, Holtby has also been terrible this season. I thought he might be the guy a couple years ago but it is now clear that he is not. The Caps have really given him a legitimate chance to be the full time starter and he has blown it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad