GDT: Rivalry night Caps @ Flyers. 8pm nbcsn

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
My math is sketchy. What does that look like for # of wins needed to guarantee a playoff spot.
Hard to say exactly but they need to go something like 12-7 to hit 92 points and even that most likely won't do it thanks to their low ROW total.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Oh, and I loved watching Eric Fehr try his hardest to backcheck as a center just to be miserably out of position because Oates thinks he's a ****ing center when he's a LW.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
philadelphia only got 5 more shots than us...

Only because they stopped attacking once up 4-0. They were outshooting the Caps 23-8 after 2 periods and totally dominating them.

Liberati0n*

Oh, and I loved watching Eric Fehr try his hardest to backcheck as a center just to be miserably out of position because Oates thinks he's a ****ing center when he's a LW.

Fehr just looks like he doesn't know how to play center because he gets confused trying to compensate for Holtby all the time. Thanks, Holtby.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
You can blame the defense all you want, and rightfully so, but Grubauer showed up (as usual) and Holtby laid yet another egg.

Sure, Giroux was in on a semi-breakaway. It's one thing to get scored on. It's another to be completely out of your net for absolutely no reason and GIVE their best player a goal. And then, once again, the guy can't stop a nose bleed through traffic.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I think its collectively everyone on the ices fault. Horrible defense, forwards don't offer much help, and our goalies don't inspire confidence

Agreed, the team is completely lost in their own zone and the goalies aren't and shouldn't be expected to bail them out every night. Horrible two periods.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Did everyone here just start following hockey this year?

Hersh

Oct 16, 2013
Amusing to see people blame Holtby for the loss. I'm not saying he was good, but the defense sucks. So glad GMGM did nothing to upgrade the worst part of the team. Pretty much assures this team won't succeed and he will hopefully, finally be fired.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Amusing to see people blame Holtby for the loss. I'm not saying he was good, but the defense sucks. So glad GMGM did nothing to upgrade the worst part of the team. Pretty much assures this team won't succeed and he will hopefully, finally be fired.
It's amazing anyone who watched that game could lay the blame on any one player.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Which are you Goon or NBTW pretending to be another user siding with them? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad