News: Ristolainen playoffs or im out

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
df8.gif

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
what a clown . if im an nhler my outlook on this topic is '' i couldnt care less if we win or lose , i know im trying my hardest and making dream money playing in the nhl . im completely content . if ownership cant put it together is not my business as i cant ask for anything more than getting paid millions and living an nhl dream career ''
That's probably part of why you're not an NHLer. Guy wants to win for a change, can't fault him for that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Reinhart goes to arbitration, the Sabres choose between 1 or 2 years…and it would be 2.
Reinhart just completed his 6th NHL season playing over 40 games. CBA rules allow a player with 7 accrued NHL seasons to become a UFA. So, per CBA rules, a player that has the experience that Reinhart has, can only get a 1 year contract in arbitration.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Crazy that there is a collection of guys that want to win, but no results to show for it.

At some point you have to take personal culpability. These guys have been on the team for years, and now form the leadership group. If players around you aren't reaching their full potential, what does that say about your culture?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Crazy that there is a collection of guys that want to win, but no results to show for it.

At some point you have to take personal culpability. These guys have been on the team for years, and now form the leadership group. If players around you aren't reaching their full potential, what does that say about your culture?

Regardless of what the return is for Risto,Eichs,Reino, there's going to be a nice deep dive in 5 years as to why everyone goes on to win after leaving Buffalo, or why Buffalo was able to recover after losing them.

I obviously hope for the latter, because it's less miserable, but there will be an accounting on this era of top picks and no playoffs.

Reactions: Joey Banana

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
what a clown . if im an nhler my outlook on this topic is '' i couldnt care less if we win or lose , i know im trying my hardest and making dream money playing in the nhl . im completely content . if ownership cant put it together is not my business as i cant ask for anything more than getting paid millions and living an nhl dream career ''
I take it you’ve never played sports and are the same type of fan that will say trade this bum with a loser mentality when the team does bad and said player comes out and says he’s happy or content because he’s making millions long term so who cares if the team wins or loses or if he scores or not

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I take it you’ve never played sports and are the same type of fan that will say trade this bum with a loser mentality when the team does bad and said player comes out and says he’s happy or content because he’s making millions long term so who cares if the team wins or loses or if he scores or not
ive been on near 50 teams in varying sports . could you imagine steve yzermman whining when drafted onto the dead wings about wanting out if they werent winning back early in his career when they were trash ???????????? '' i want out of here if develano cant get it together , i want to win ' . no he and other people that know what theyre doing would never bitch about losing . and theyd be totally content to do their best as an individual without concern if teams losing , thats the front offices job . and while in public representing the team and being 100% focused on the teams success instead of whining like a little kid . his focus should be loyalty to the organization paying him millions , instead hes corroding away at the sabres like a little whining kid

Reactions: Team Cozens

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I wonder what teh cost would be for Ottawa, obviously only having one year might put a damper on things, but we could really use his offence and size on the back end.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Well I think we found the reason why Buffalo always sucks. There top players all want out

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
ive been on near 50 teams in varying sports . could you imagine steve yzermman whining when drafted onto the dead wings about wanting out if they werent winning back early in his career when they were trash ???????????? '' i want out of here if develano cant get it together , i want to win ' . no he and other people that know what theyre doing would never bitch about losing . and theyd be totally content to do their best as an individual without concern if teams losing , thats the front offices job . and while in public representing the team and being 100% focused on the teams success instead of whining like a little kid . his focus should be loyalty to the organization paying him millions , instead hes corroding away at the sabres like a little whining kid
Except eichel is going into his 7th year. He’s complaining about not being able to have a surgery he feels would help him recover from an injury. Rustolainen just completed his 8 season and is going into his 9th year. These guys aren’t rookies freshly drafted like the scenario you’re creating here with yzerman. By yzermans 5th year Detroit was one of the best teams in the nhl. Nice try though

the way you describe how these players should act and behave I’m curious if you think people in 3rd world countries working in sweatshops should just be happy to have a job slaving away that pays them anything. That they should be 100% loyal for that and just let their management figure out how to cut down their workload if it’s needed at all as that’s why they are employed in the positions. Instead they should be 100% focused on the business’s success

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He was absolutely amazing before he got Covid this season. Dahlin and Jokiharju got absolutely destroyed when they tried to transition to Risto's role. I want to see him play with better defensemen before him in the line-up. Or at least one better defenseman.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Players and people in general are different then they were in the 80’s when Yzerman played.

Difference is even though the wings were not so good they were kinda winning and did make the playoffs in 5 out of 6 seasons from Yzerman’s rookie season 83-84 with 2 conference finals loses against Edmonton.

Granted their were only [what, 21 teams at the time and scoring was much higher then it is today.

Defenses and goalies are better then they used to be but Eichel, Risto and Reinhart still have not seen any playoffs in 6-7 seasons they’ve been playing.

Maybe it’s the way the Sabres are built and the path they have stayed on for more then a decade.

Reactions: Winger98 and banks

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Might actually look good on a team he doesn't play 25 minutes a night on, but him being on the top pair is one of the issues Buffalo has had for years.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Sometimes I watch RR and wonder if I've been too harsh on the guy. Then later in that shift he makes an inexplicably bad play like scoring on his own goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad