News: Ristolainen playoffs or im out

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Surely - with the trade this Summer of Jack Eichel and Rasmus Ristolainen, possibly together - the brains trust in Buffalo can really bolster the roster for next season. In the great hockey lounge in the sky, Punch Imlach and the Knox brothers are bawling.

Reactions: Goomba

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Still remember when Barzal took Rasmus for a walk one on one. What an embarrassment Ristolainen is.

Instead of being part of the solution... another lazy and low IQ prospect.

The Sabres are better off without Eichel and Ristolainen. Build the team around go getters and players with leadership.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don't blame him. I feel bad for the players who have been there for the past ~5 years. What a trainwreck.

I mean they are all millionaires and everything, but when your whole life is dedicated to one thing and that thing is miserable, life isn't fun...no matter how much money you make.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I don't blame him. I feel bad for the players who have been there for the past ~5 years. What a trainwreck.

I mean they are all millionaires and everything, but when your whole life is dedicated to one thing and that thing is miserable, life isn't fun...no matter how much money you make.

Exactly. While it might sting Sabre fans, why would any player who has options want to stay there?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like Risto is actually a good player just misused. On a good team he is a 3/4 kinda guy, the problem is for most of his tenure with the Sabres he's been asked to be their 1/2 which is not his role. If he were on a second pairing with a defensive player (think Chiarot, Edmunson, Muzzin, etc) he would be a really valuable piece.

Please note I'm not saying Eddy or Chiarot is as good as Muzzin just noting the stylistic similarities in their games. Muzzin is more of a 2/3, Eddy is a solid 4, and Chiarot more of a 4/5.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If he were on a second pairing with a defensive player (think Chiarot, Edmunson, Muzzin, etc) he would be a really valuable piece.

Look at what Risto did when paired with McCabe the first half of the year -- they were a legit shutdown pair. The eye test matched with the advanced stats -- Risto and McCabe dominated on the ice. Then Risto got f***ed with COVID and McCabe broke his knee every which way.

Risto is a good-to-very-good player when played in the right role with the right partner.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Well, he'll probably be competing for a cup next year either way. If Buffalo isn't in the playoff race next year they can trade him to a contender (His contract is expiring in '22) at the deadline.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There's no one single factor as to why the Sabres keep missing, but how inept he his in his own end sure as shit isn't helping

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad