TSN: Rishaug: Kane and Oilers were short term, Kane not interested in committing to Edmonton long term.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Oilers still not giving up on Kane.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
His best bet would be to take a modest contract in Edmonton and behave himself. I can't imagine a much better deal than merely getting a team to sign you at the moment. Especially while the rest of his crap plays out.

That's even IF he can resign with anyone. He may be "back" in SJ before too long. Then it's "who will take him at $X.X for 3yrs".
He probably just does not want to live in Edmonton plus he still showed he can score goals and play hockey some GM is going to pay him

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Seems like there’s lots of moving parts in this situation.

I don’t know anything about bankruptcy and maybe I’m wrong but it seems to me you wouldn’t want to sign a big money guaranteed contract until after your bankruptcy case is settled. I’m curious if it would be smart for him to sign another modest 1 year deal with the Oilers, run it back on 97’s wing and then sign a big deal next off-season once his bankruptcy is settled, and with a good chance the cap moves upward. Of course he’d be another year older and there’s potential for his value to drop if he has a pedestrian season.

If anyone can shed some light on the bankruptcy thing I’d be curious to hear it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If there's a way to bring him back and the term isn't too long or the AAV too crazy, the Oilers absolutely should bring him back if he's willing to come back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad