ROTS
AOTC
TPM
TFA
ROS
R1
Not Han Solo
TLJ

I rather liked Solo and Rogue One! Not sure where my list shakes down, but I'd probably put those two just ahead of the PT.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It is kind of amazing that people would put TLJ as the worst of all these films. You may not like it, but come on.

One of them has to be the worst.

For some people it's VERY obvious which one it is.

What's funny for my ranking is that TPM keeps dropping as the years go by. I think it's probably the worst of the prequels now when I once thought it was the best.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
One of them has to be the worst.

For some people it's VERY obvious which one it is.
Just in comparison to other bad films in this trilogy, I will never understand THAT degree of disdain for that movie.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just in comparison to other bad films in this trilogy, I will never understand THAT degree of disdain for that movie.

Well, I have a hard time moving any film into the OT tier.

TFA comes close, but that's because it's the same movie as ANH and I'm excited to see Han and Leia and Chewie again with some decent new characters doing a lot of the same things they did in ANH.

Rogue One is next close, but that film also captures a lot of the visuals of the OT so there's nostalgia in play. I also found the plot to be mature and the desperation palpable and reminiscent of what the Rebellion was all about.

But realistically, there's a gap after the OT that may be the result of my age, I'm not sure.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
ESB
ANH
TLJ
ROTJ
RO
TFA
ROTS
TPM
Solo
ROS
AOTC

It is kind of amazing that people would put TLJ as the worst of all these films. You may not like it, but come on.

Why would we not put it as worst because you don't dislike it? The list is completely subjective, and this was the Star Wars offering that I enjoyed the least of any.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Well, we've discussed this before, but I like three things in that film: Rey and Kylo's discussions; some of the lightsaber fight with Snoke's minions; and Luke's send-off.

That's it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Are you really surprised that many think TLJ is a bottom tier SW movie, after all the discussions about it?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi

Rogue One

Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Rise of Skywalker

Solo

Attack of the Clones
The Last Jedi

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Empire
Hope
Force Awakens
Skywalker
Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
The prequels in any order you want because they equally suck

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
To be honest her being "Rey Palpatine" was already a massive indulgement and made it next to impossible to do something new and bold.. We've been down the protagonist being related to a big baddie road before as well.

yeah lifted right from Dune among others...Jessica discovering she's Baron Harkonnen's granddaughter.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Rating Star Wars movies?? Episodes 1-6 are at least Star Wars movies. The sequels have nothing to do with Anakin, which is what Star Wars was all about. I guess Disney can slap a Star Wars sticker on it since they bought the rights but they're clearly clueless as to what the story of Star Wars actually is.

Thirty years from now Darth Vader will still have impact, Super Rey will be a footnote.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Rating Star Wars movies?? Episodes 1-6 are at least Star Wars movies. The sequels have nothing to do with Anakin, which is what Star Wars was all about. I guess Disney can slap a Star Wars sticker on it since they bought the rights but they're clearly clueless as to what the story of Star Wars actually is.

Thirty years from now Darth Vader will still have impact, Super Rey will be a footnote.

I bet they would struggle to explain what the theme of the sequel trilogy is.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
1- Return of the Jedi
2-A New Hope

3- The Phantom Menace

4- The Empire Strikes Back

5-Revenge of the Sith

6-The Force Awakens
7- Attack of the Clones

8-Rogue One
9-The Last Jedi
10-Solo

12- Rise of Skywalker

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I bet they would struggle to explain what the theme of the sequel trilogy is.

There’s no theme other than Rey is the main character. Finn’s character arc was completed in TFA. He’s limited to shouting “Rey” in this latest movie. That’s really all he does all move long. Rey!! Rey!!! Rey!! He went from storm trooper, to deserter, to abandon everything, to fight for your friends in TFA. He’s now a cheerleader.

Ughhhh just a complete waste of time

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Well, you can also argue that Anakin actually restored balance to the force when Palpatine was defeated before all Jedi could be wiped out.

Or you can argue that he did it on two occasions, once when the Sith were overpowered and outnumbered, and again when Palpatine threatened to kill/turn Luke and Leia.

Ive argued he balanced it twice.... once wiping out the jedi, and again at all powerful sith leader. He was constantly leveling the playing field if Jedi did represent one side (opposed to the middle ground as i think they diverged from).

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
There’s no theme other than Rey is the main character. Finn’s character arc was completed in TFA. He’s limited to shouting “Rey” in this latest movie. That’s really all he does all move long. Rey!! Rey!!! Rey!! He went from storm trooper, to deserter, to abandon everything, to fight for your friends in TFA. He’s now a cheerleader.

Ughhhh just a complete waste of time

This is one of the things that bugs me the most about this trilogy. His character was a great idea but was just completely wasted in the last 2 films.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad