Red Sox/MLB RIP Tom Seaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
it's unbelievable how bad the staff is, here I am watching Michael Wacha last night and saying he could be compete for the #1 in boston. I didnt think it was possible for a big market team to have a strategy like this. Our 4 and 5 starters look like they will TBA all year.

I don’t even think it would be a competition, he would be the 1.

and yeah it’s certainly weird. I have a feeling Bloom is going to address it next offseason

Reactions: N o o d l e s

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Game 5 of the season. I guess at least fans don’t have to waste money on the team this year

Game 5 of a 60 game season, where they're clearly fielding a below par roster, especially the pitching staff. If the organization has decided to punt on this year, even if they haven't said it, so will the fans.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve punted on this year, we aren’t gonna do damage so don’t invest yourself too much in this sham season that will likely get shut down

I’m watching to see which pitchers Out of the bargain bin look like they can be a part of the staff moving forward. Right now Godley and Valdez are the two that fit the profile

Reactions: tonino2424

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Game 5 of a 60 game season, where they're clearly fielding a below par roster, especially the pitching staff. If the organization has decided to punt on this year, even if they haven't said it, so will the fans.

While I'm not emotionally invested in this team that clearly doesnt look like a contender. If they just throw in the towel already it looks pretty gutless when everyone else is trying

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
While I'm not emotionally invested in this team that clearly doesnt look like a contender. If they just throw in the towel already it looks pretty gutless when everyone else is trying

But the Sox threw in the towel back when they decided to move on from one of their best players for a dime and a couple of nickels and then used one of their best SPs (whether you like Price or not, he's better than the shit they've rolled out) for cap space relief (which was a self created issue) and before players were opting out. So again, if the organization is sending that signal to their fans, why would you bother? The only reason a lot of people pay attention to MLB at all is because it's a dead time for sports. This year though, there are a lot better options, so MLB can go f*** themselves. They bricked the handling of this, they pissed and moaned over money for months, they threatened fans with no season because of it, and now they're on fire with a virus. They get to reap what the sow. :laugh:

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
To make more of an effort to tank the season, would you guys consider trading Martinez, Benintendi and Eovaldi?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
To make more of an effort to tank the season, would you guys consider trading Martinez, Benintendi and Eovaldi?
Benintendi's value is pretty low right now. You have to keep him and let him build it back up. I stick with Eovaldi too. But JDM will probably opt-out now that there's a universal DH and you can probably get a good return at the deadline from a team that's going for it. So I'd consider that.

Reactions: WindsorHawk

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Marlins are shut down until next Monday, Phillies shut down until Friday.

Yankees and Baltimore are just going to play each other this week instead, and they'll adjust the schedule later.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If the rumors are true about how this got started with the Marlins AND that they decided to play while knowing guys had it, that team should be shutdown for the year.

This will be a debacle because how do you find time to make up all these games? Just scrap them and pick playoff teams based on winning percentage?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the rumors are true about how this got started with the Marlins AND that they decided to play while knowing guys had it, that team should be shutdown for the year.

This will be a debacle because how do you find time to make up all these games? Just scrap them and pick playoff teams based on winning percentage?

The Red Sox got significantly punished because of a sign stealing scandal that they were effectively exonerated in. How can the Marlins franchise not face similar ramifications for being cavalier and knowingly passing COVID to the rest of the league?

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Red Sox got significantly punished because of a sign stealing scandal that they were effectively exonerated in. How can the Marlins franchise not face similar ramifications for being cavalier and knowingly passing COVID to the rest of the league?
It should be worse than what both the Sox and Astros got.

In some states they consider this behavior criminal. They’re lucky Florida and Georgia are too inept to have such a statute.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Dodgers are playing Houston for the first time since the sign stealing scandal

Joe Kelly threw high at Bregman, then stared down and started jawing with Correa after striking him out to end the inning. Let's see if the Astros respond.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love what Kelly did

spectacular

the yawn was classic

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The Astros are the biggest babies in all of pro sports. You know you cheated, you got caught, won't admit it, got off easy, yet still cry about other teams going after you.

Take your lumps (literally) for the year, and it's over with.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Benintendi's value is pretty low right now. You have to keep him and let him build it back up. I stick with Eovaldi too. But JDM will probably opt-out now that there's a universal DH and you can probably get a good return at the deadline from a team that's going for it. So I'd consider that.
When you are in a rebuilding mode, which the Sox are in now, you trade whoever you can to improve the team. I would trade JBJ for whatever you can get since he is a FA next year.
JDM still has high value for an American League team, he can play the odd day in the outfield.
Benny has struggled for a while. I had big expectations for him, thinking he would be a .290 - 20-85 RBI guy every year and steal 15-20 bases.
I think we should keep him, hopefully he can turn it around.
We need pitching badly.
Brewer looked good last night, I would move him into the closer roll and take a chance on Workman as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad