Red Sox/MLB RIP Tom Seaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Folty is unfortunately having trouble hitting 90 right now so he honestly would not be a much better option than what we have. That guy NEEDS his fastball to be in the mid to upper 90’s or else he’s toast

I mean I’d claim and hope he gets back to normal but it doesn’t look good

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Folty is unfortunately having trouble hitting 90 right now so he honestly would not be a much better option than what we have. That guy NEEDS his fastball to be in the mid to upper 90’s or else he’s toast

I mean I’d claim and hope he gets back to normal but it doesn’t look good

Agree but over Covey and others in a heartbeat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Folty has been terrible but if he gets his yips worked out could go back to being a serviceable player. Has one arbitration year left before hitting UFA too, so limited risk/limited reward. I'd rather roll the dice on him than on Matt Hall I guess.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think you'll see the Sox have to make a trade soon for at least a #3. They can't let this continue nightly.

They absolutely can, they aren’t trying to contend right now. No need. Just keep picking up stuff from the trash heap, throw it at the wall, and hope something sticks. If it doesn’t work oh well Kumar Rocker

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They absolutely can, they aren’t trying to contend right now. No need. Just keep picking up stuff from the trash heap, throw it at the wall, and hope something sticks. If it doesn’t work oh well Kumar Rocker

not sure the bullpen can sustain this level of production for this starting staff. They'll need to find innings somewhere

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think you'll see the Sox have to make a trade soon for at least a #3. They can't let this continue nightly.

I think they're going to just bite the bullet and throw as much shit to the wall to see what sticks rather than making any trades. I think this season was going to be a write off anyways.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I think they're going to just bite the bullet and throw as much shit to the wall to see what sticks rather than making any trades. I think this season was going to be a write off anyways.

it's unbelievable how bad the staff is, here I am watching Michael Wacha last night and saying he could be compete for the #1 in boston. I didnt think it was possible for a big market team to have a strategy like this. Our 4 and 5 starters look like they will TBA all year.

Reactions: LSCII

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
it's unbelievable how bad the staff is, here I am watching Michael Wacha last night and saying he could be compete for the #1 in boston. I didnt think it was possible for a big market team to have a strategy like this. Our 4 and 5 starters look like they will TBA all year.
To be fair, they went into spring training with Sale, ERod, and Eovaldi as their top 3. While it isn't top tier, that's not a bad rotation. #4 starter was always going to be an issue, and frankly most teams run through about three to four guys as their #5 anyways, so no issue there.

They couldn't have predicted that Sale, who was by all accounts healthy after the offseason, getting TJ, a pandemic freezing the roster,and then ERod getting COVID.

Not trying to paint it with rose colored glasses on, becuase the staff is complete dogshit, but it's not like it was intentionally going to be this bad when they started ST in Feb.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
To be fair, they went into spring training with Sale, ERod, and Eovaldi as their top 3. While it isn't top tier, that's not a bad rotation. #4 starter was always going to be an issue, and frankly most teams run through about three to four guys as their #5 anyways, so no issue there.

They couldn't have predicted that Sale, who was by all accounts healthy after the offseason, getting TJ, a pandemic freezing the roster,and then ERod getting COVID.

Not trying to paint it with rose colored glasses on, becuase the staff is complete dogshit, but it's not like it was intentionally going to be this bad when they started ST in Feb.

If they expected Sale to be involved in anything other than fully blowing out his elbow and going from probably needing Tommy John Surgery to absolutely needing it, that's on the team and flat out stupid. Yeah, I get he got a PRP injection last fal but he hadn't started throwing until this spring and once he did, it was right back to where it was the year before. You can't count on that ever. Them delaying the TJ surgery for him and hoping to manage their way through this was absolutely the wrong move.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If they expected Sale to be involved in anything other than fully blowing out his elbow and going from probably needing Tommy John Surgery to absolutely needing it, that's on the team and flat out stupid. Yeah, I get he got a PRP injection last fal but he hadn't started throwing until this spring and once he did, it was right back to where it was the year before. You can't count on that ever. Them delaying the TJ surgery for him and hoping to manage their way through this was absolutely the wrong move.
In hindsight yes it was, but it's also up to the player and doctor's to come to that conclusion, even if the team pushed for it last season. By all accounts, Sale and Dr Andrews said he was healthy after a 6 months of rest and rehab.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In hindsight yes it was, but it's also up to the player and doctor's to come to that conclusion, even if the team pushed for it last season. By all accounts, Sale and Dr Andrews said he was healthy after a 6 months of rest and rehab.

I get the reluctance by the player, but that's what players do. The team needed to assume he wasn't going to be able to go and then find a replacement, since it was obvious how it was going to end.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If we start 2-10 out the gate, the season is already a lost cause. And at this pace we may not even finish the season(thanks Florida), so I'm not spending any futures in a trade.

Last edited:

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
I'd say finish the season but tank so we can get the number 1 draft choice for 2021. We need some high picks in the next few years in order to contend in the future.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd say finish the season but tank so we can get the number 1 draft choice for 2021. We need some high picks in the next few years in order to contend in the future.

amazing what a 200 million payroll gets you now

sure they could tank but the top 8 make it in and I’d try to grind it out

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Draft Kumar

Sign Harold Baines

Install a White Castle in the concourse

Profit

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad