In Memoriam RIP Talkinaway ( Peter Conley 1977 - 2021 )

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am absolutely crushed and heartbroken.
When @Fenway reached out to me I spent some time doing a search for Peter.
It is one of those things I’ve done too often now. As always I hope and pray to find nothing.
But it wasnt to be.

Peter was a great guy. A true gentleman amongst gentlemen.

In this day and era a rarity.

I had the utmost respect for him and opinion on all things.

This hit hard.

I did a search last week and came up empty but the obit was published on August 3rd. When he stopped showing up in an online trivia game that he was very good at I really got concerned.

hq.JPG

He hated the Leafs

NHL - Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wow very sad news indeed, we lost AOF earlier this year, two days ago John Meadows died at 49, he was a youtuber and IFBB pro coach, now this. Just terrible news. Condolences to the family and his friends.

Reactions: sarge88

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Being 48 now, I fully realize I am on the back 9 in life. These last couple of years have been tough for everyone with Covid, and seeing things like this happen just puts things in perspective a bit more. I was sick with Covid for 3 weeks early on in the pandemic, and am thankful I was able to recover on my own without being hospitalized. I will say, being someone who is single and living alone, the isolation can take its toll in and of itself. I've noticed I don't have the same energy I used to. Lately I have made more efforts to reach out to friends, and always reach out to family members daily. I find even though I do not see people as much as I used to, talking always puts a smile on my face. I decided to sign back in here 10 years after joining. I figured it would be a good place to keep me busy at times. I would always read the board and it seemed like a good tight knit group of people, so why not join in and get to know some people who share common interests? Seeing your reactions in the worst of times has only shown me you truly are a group of good, caring individuals. Peter apparently made a difference in a lot of your lives, but I can tell you likely made a difference in his as well. Sorry to be so long winded.......random thoughts I guess.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am heartbroken to make this announcement.

Talkinaway suffered a heart attack and passed in July and his obituary was published this weekend.

PETER JAMES CONLEY Obituary (1977 - 2021) Boston Globe

He was one of our most active posters and we were thrilled when he accepted our invitation to become a Mod.

I sensed something was wrong as he last logged in on the day he died and he was missing from an online trivia game at roughly the same time he stopped posting here.

He was only 44.

RIP Peter

I am shocked and saddened to hear this. Talkinaway was one of favorite posters.

As someone who recently lost an older brother, I can understand how difficult this time must be for Mr. Conley's family.

Sending the good thought their way.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Still trying to process this terrible news. I'm not at the board as frequently during the off-season, but do check in daily. Usually I'm wondering if there is a big news story, like Eichel being traded.

But I wasn't prepared to read this, at all.

I remember when Talkinaway was announced as a mod, thinking they sure picked the right guy. He always came off well-educated in his posts. I just read his obituary - a Yale educated chemist? We aren't worthy.

For me it's all about perspective. We've talked about not winning a hockey game, describing it as a "devastating loss." But that really isn't. THIS is a devastating loss.

It breaks my heart reading the long list of survivors, especially his parents. I extend thoughts, condolences, and prayers to his entire family. This board and all its members are better for having encountered Peter, even if only online.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I am absolutely crushed and heartbroken.
When @Fenway reached out to me I spent some time doing a search for Peter.
It is one of those things I’ve done too often now. As always I hope and pray to find nothing.
But it wasnt to be.

Peter was a great guy. A true gentleman amongst gentlemen.

In this day and era a rarity.

I had the utmost respect for him and opinion on all things.

This hit hard.
Very nicely said.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Awful news to hear. Despite never talking to him, I send my condolences. I can't imagine what his family must be going through. No one should lose a family member that young.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad