In Memoriam RIP Talkinaway ( Peter Conley 1977 - 2021 )

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am heartbroken to make this announcement.

Talkinaway suffered a heart attack and passed in July and his obituary was published this weekend.

PETER JAMES CONLEY Obituary (1977 - 2021) Boston Globe

He was one of our most active posters and we were thrilled when he accepted our invitation to become a Mod.

I sensed something was wrong as he last logged in on the day he died and he was missing from an online trivia game at roughly the same time he stopped posting here.

He was only 44.

RIP Peter

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Far to young. I am learning as the years go by to not take life for granted. I tell those close to me I love them every chance I get. I was not blessed enough to know Peter, but my thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones. Rest in peace

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I had noticed that there were not any posts from him lately. Only 44 years old, so awful.

My sister has been after me to get my affairs in order (will, health care proxy, etc.) and I keep saying I'll do it but I still haven't. Alberta O'Reilly Fan and now this, both so young. Goes to show that any day can be your last one so I think I'll finally force myself to do what needs to be done.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Awful. Always enjoyed reading his posts. Gone way, way too soon. Life is fragile.

RIP to him and condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: Fenway and bbfan419

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I remembered he responded to something I posted not too long ago. Just looked it up from his profile and that was his last post ever apparently.

Reactions: Fenway

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I am absolutely crushed and heartbroken.
When @Fenway reached out to me I spent some time doing a search for Peter.
It is one of those things I’ve done too often now. As always I hope and pray to find nothing.
But it wasnt to be.

Peter was a great guy. A true gentleman amongst gentlemen.

In this day and era a rarity.

I had the utmost respect for him and opinion on all things.

This hit hard.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I am absolutely crushed and heartbroken.
When @Fenway reached out to me I spent some time doing a search for Peter.
It is one of those things I’ve done too often now. As always I hope and pray to find nothing.
But it wasnt to be.

Peter was a great guy. A true gentleman amongst gentlemen.

In this day and era a rarity.

I had the utmost respect for him and opinion on all things.

This hit hard.
I used to do this at the bank when I wouldn't see customers for a bit, and it rarely turned out positive, and it's absolutely f***ing crushing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad