RIP Peter McNab

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm still pretty stunned he worked right up until the very end.
I don't think anyone thought he was near the end, including himself. It happened very fast.

In February 2022, doctors informed McNab that his cancer was in remission. McNab died on November 6, 2022.

I mean, that's not usualy happening like that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think anyone thought he was near the end, including himself. It happened very fast.

In February 2022, doctors informed McNab that his cancer was in remission. McNab died on November 6, 2022.

I mean, that's not usualy happening like that.
No, if you read some of Peter Baugh’s (I think) personal quotes, Maxy knew. He talked about how conversations about getting his affairs in order had become real. IIRC he found out during the Avs Cup celebrations that the cancer had returned.

I didn’t realize until I watched Breaking Bad that “in remission” does not mean the cancer is gone. It just means the signs and symptoms of cancer are partially or completely gone.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I know that a lot of the analysis that Peter had was not the most interesting. Such is the beast of television, you're analyzing a game for the average viewer. That said, McNab did occasionally share some really sharp insights.

One of the things that really sticks with me was his analysis of the play of Bowen Byram. McNab would say something to the effect of "He (Byram) shows up in places where you don't expect him". I think this is the perfect encapsulation of the way Byram reads and attacks the game. To this day when I watch Byram I can still see what Peter was talking about. Miss his analysis a lot.

Reactions: Pokecheque

pont

Jul 1, 2019
RIP Peter. You were my grandfather's favorite player when I was growing up in NH. Gosh, he hated the trade the B's made with Vancouver that sent you over for Jim Nill. I can still hear my grandfather stating ... "ya, that got Nill alright!"

Many great memories of him has a player and play-by-play guy here in Colorado.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I miss Peter McNab's insights tremendously. Such a classy guy.

And can't stand that motor mouth play by play the Avs currently employ.

Give me Connor instead. (Heck , I'll take Norm Jones and Sandy Clough over the 2 current morons.)

If I have to hear "I can't believe it" or "Oh my God" from the dunces that currently occupy the Avalanche broadcast booth, I'm going to throw my remote right into my screen.

That's why I usually listen to the other team's broadcast. Or mute the sound entirely.

Miss ya Peter. God bless!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Has anyone heard of the Avs doing anything to commemorate McNab? I feel like they should - a seat in the press box or a banner or something to always remember him by

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I miss Peter McNab's insights tremendously. Such a classy guy.

And can't stand that motor mouth play by play the Avs currently employ.

Give me Connor instead. (Heck , I'll take Norm Jones and Sandy Clough over the 2 current morons.)

If I have to hear "I can't believe it" or "Oh my God" from the dunces that currently occupy the Avalanche broadcast booth, I'm going to throw my remote right into my screen.

That's why I usually listen to the other team's broadcast. Or mute the sound entirely.

Miss ya Peter. God bless!
yah I miss Pete aswell. Hes been the voice of the Avs for me for as long as I can remember. Im just happy he was able to see this team lift another one before God called on him to do color commentating up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad