In Memoriam RIP Buffaloed

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I did not have the pleasure and privilege of interacting with Joe and from the many testimonials and poignant messages, I missed out on a great individual.

Such is the nature of posting on this site (plus busy lives) where we are all too often in our own forum silos and rarely interact with other team forums.

Just had a quick question for those who knew Joe, can you please tell me who was his favorite Sabres player? Also, did he ever mention why he chose that particular player?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and once again, my sincere condolences to his family, friends and his HF community extended family. 🙏

The_Goose

Jun 16, 2007
Clifton Park, NY
The family of Joe aka “Buffaloed”, [email protected] would like to express our gratitude for all the heartwarming thoughts and memories so many of you have shared.
Words cannot express how much that has meant to us.
HFBoards was Joe’s baby. He was instrumental in the development and continued success of the site and forum. He cared deeply about all of you and the future of hockey, especially his team, the Buffalo Sabres. Many of you had carried on a friendship with him for decades. Joe would tease he was infamous in the hockey world and he was not exaggerating! He valued the unbiased integrity of the blog and his community of fellow hockey enthusiasts. The hockey season will not be the same without the quick wit, epic comments and genius of Buffaloed. He is greatly missed.
Sheila (Joe’s sister)

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
The family of Joe aka “Buffaloed”, [email protected] would like to express our gratitude for all the heartwarming thoughts and memories so many of you have shared.
Words cannot express how much that has meant to us.
HFBoards was Joe’s baby. He was instrumental in the development and continued success of the site and forum. He cared deeply about all of you and the future of hockey, especially his team, the Buffalo Sabres. Many of you had carried on a friendship with him for decades. Joe would tease he was infamous in the hockey world and he was not exaggerating! He valued the unbiased integrity of the blog and his community of fellow hockey enthusiasts. The hockey season will not be the same without the quick wit, epic comments and genius of Buffaloed. He is greatly missed.
Sheila (Joe’s sister)
thanks for reaching out to us and updating the boards. he will definitely be sorely missed as we get ready for the new season here.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The main thing I remember about Buffaloed is when the Sabres were getting wiped out (which has happened many times over the last decade), he would make a hilarious post as if to remind us sports really aren't that important, but community is.

He was a master of levity. If he could post from the afterlife, I bet he would proudly boast that the team is undefeated since his passing.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Hey Buff, the lads took 6 out of 6 on a Westy, and UPL beat the brakes off the Avs and Golden Knights

1668692392140439.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In Joe's memory, I encourage everyone to play the last add-on he bought for HF

He thought Survivor would be a lot of fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad