OT: Rio Olympics 2016

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
The water is green, smells like farts and Michael Phelps broke a record that has been in place since Before Christ. So yay! Olympics!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Michael Phelps

End thread.

All seriousness, as an American, very much enjoying these games again.

Phelps, along with Katie Ledecky, Simon Biles, Aly Raisman, Ryan Murphy, Simone Manuel, and more have just be a treat to watch. A welcome distraction to the normal 24/7 coverage of the megalomaniac orangutan Trump.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Love me some Olympics, but truth be told I find the summer one's to be rather boring - and that isn't just because of hockey. I just think the winter sports are so much more bat**** crazy.

Women's beach volley ball tho...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Love me some Olympics, but truth be told I find the summer one's to be rather boring - and that isn't just because of hockey. I just think the winter sports are so much more bat**** crazy.

Women's beach volley ball tho...

I prefer the Winter Games as well. Besides swimming, track, and basketball I don't have a lot of interest in other events.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Ehh, I think I prefer the summer games. Take out Hockey in the winter and it isn't close for me, although I do enjoy both.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
With the inclusion of skateboarding and surfing in the 2020 Olympics I'll be a lot more excited to actually watch the games.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hope Solo should get into wrestling because she would make an amazing heel. Vince should offer her millions because she'd be a licence to print money.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like to watch the speed skating, Luge, Skeleton, Bobsled, and the skiing events.

The gymnastics, table tennis, equestrian, fencing, etc. don't do anything for me. If soccer was best on best that would get my attention. Baseball coming back in 2020 is appealing to me even if it's minor leaguers.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
For me racing is the best part of the Olympics so I like the swimming events over anything in summer or winter.

Agreed, racing is awesome, but I can only watch so many different types of races. As awesome as Phelps is, he gets a ton of opportunities to pad his medal count because of all the different styles and distances in his sport.

I also have an issue with any sport that's judged/scored in general, so that eliminates gymnastics, figure skating, half pipe, et al.... I prefer more concrete scoring systems where you don't automatically have to eliminate the highest and lowest judges.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Even as a Canadian, watching Phelps has been awesome. Super confusing watching the race last night with Friedman messing up. But I re-watched the race, and the other commentator messed up first and god Elliot just kept going.

Super funny.

Swimming and beach volleyball have been fun to watch, lots of the other stuff...eh. Canada did win gold in trampoline though!

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad