Feb 3, 2015
1)we played great tonight
2)subban took a good penalty IMO
3)
I_17f62d_1270335.jpg

Hahah thats my exact Mood right now!

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
My word. Were you watching the game? I'm convinced your trying to piece together what happened through posts here.

Your word indeed - too many of them! I just didn't watch the game through Habswace's "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I'm-watching" glasses.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
its tough either way which is why i honestly would have preferred a one and done breakaway.

In terms of the 4 on 3, rather put my hat on Price stopping a shot from 25 feet then him having to worry about puck carrier and or have to go post to post from short distance

Like i said not easy decision either way, just rather price one on one

Me too, honestly. And I don't think it would have ended up that clear of a breakaway in the end, even with PK out of the play.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm only mad because this was a clear example of how the coach handicaps this team with his inability to adapt to in game situations. It's almost like he doesn't even watch the game.

It's mind boggling. But yes, 100 points is good and tops in the NHL, and all that.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
...OK, PK ****ed up taking the penalty, but it was Max's off-target shot that hopped over PK's stick, not his fault at all; he didn't cough it up...let's not make **** up here...and why keep mentioning DD??...agenda much??...:shakehead

YOU'RE making the **** up here. PK is wonderful man, great hockey player. BUT he ****ed up. SO? We can live with that, he can live with that. He's only human. Chill.

Edit: DD is wonderful too. :nod:

Can't we just love them one and all?

Analyzer*

First goal: What the **** were Markov and Subban doing ? Nice effort by Ekholm, but terrible play by those 2.

Second goal: ****** bounce, puck shouldn't bounce like that, but next time just use your hand.

Third goal: Penalty called because he stepped on the stick ? PK should have backed up when he saw the puck bouncing, but he was hoping to keep it in. Don't blame him. Knew they would score.

Too many opportunities where they've been passing instead of shooting.

Still no one goes to the front of the net for a tip. PP, or 5 on 5.

Game overall wasn't too bad, but still problems. Habs wingers being really far from the d...

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I'm only mad because this was a clear example of how the coach handicaps this team with his inability to adapt to in game situations. It's almost like he doesn't even watch the game.

It's mind boggling. But yes, 100 points is good and tops in the NHL, and all that.

Jesus ****ing christ. They played a really good game and had some bad luck. That's it. Stop trying to blame MT for everything ****ing thing.

"HE DREW A PENALTY! THERRIEN'S FAULT!!11!"

"UNLUCKY BOUNCE OMG FIRE MT"

WG

Sep 9, 2008
...I've played hockey for almost 40 years, never have I ever seen a coach tell a player to hook a guy and take a penalty in overtime to prevent a breakaway...never...
I'd love to see the reactions here if Subban just let Forsberg go and he scored on a breakaway from the red line in. Same complainers, different complaint, I'll guess.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Again, a lot of you guys are blaming PK for this, but it's really not on him. He played the puck in the O-Zone, DIDN'T turn it over, passed to Max who shot wide and it whipped around the board, bouncing over his stick. The **** you want him to do? You guys need to relax. Didn't hurt that Nashville got a lot of great bounces and had the refs on their side either though....

Some people always have to find a goat. It makes them sleep better.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Jesus ****ing christ. They played a really good game and had some bad luck. That's it. Stop trying to blame MT for everything ****ing thing.

"HE DREW A PENALTY! THERRIEN'S FAULT!!11!"

"UNLUCKY BOUNCE OMG FIRE MT"

Try and keep up. It has nothing to do with the penalty or unlucky bounce and everything to do with his strategy and personnel on the PK. They could have done it differently and lost anyway, but they at least would have had a better chance to kill it.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I think everyone just needs to relax AND extend a giant virtual hug for MT.

(((((((THERRIEN)))))))

Try it! You'll feel MUCH better.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I'm fine with Subban playing a high risk low reward game, I'll be the last to complain about it...when he does it in regulation. If he wants to pull that **** in OT he should just sit on the bench.

Not to be too defensive on Subban's part but OT of a 3-point regular season game actually isn't that bad a time for a high risk play. Do the same thing in the last 10 mins of regulation and it's something that might cause a regulation loss and zero points in the standings. Playing for the bonus point in the regular season, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I don't think so either...can't blame Subban on opting for the tripping call though, he had no idea Patches was ready to backcheck

You know what? I think he did, and might have even been hoping that Max was far enough back to keep a hook or trip from being an auto penalty shot. Tough decision in the moment, but having thought about it I'd probably take Price one-on-one against most players.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Subban was god awful today. Not just for the play in OT but the whole game.

BTW-I know he has no time to think, but I rather have him let Forsberg go. A 4 on 3 has more chance of resulting in a goal than a breakaway. And Patches might have caught Forsberg up, who knows.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I missed the game wondering how the tandem of Beaulieu/Pateryn looked?

As someone who typically abstains from talking about him unless I'm dumping on him, even I took the time to say something good about his play. Pretty solid pair tonight overall.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
the whole team played great.fantastic goaltending and tons of chances.i like how we re playing lately.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
i dont get it at all why emelin was the defenseman of choice.

Emelin and positioning have never gone hand in hand.

But when you have JJD behind the bench what can you expect.

Emelin was 1 against 2 the whole time. That's not how you plat a 3 on 4. If you let a dman 2 on 1 the whole time with a playmaker like Ribeiro there's no way you can last 2 minutes without a goal. I prefer to take my chance with Weber's shot than letting Ribeiro and Forsberg 2 on 1 for a whole pk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad