Recalled/Assigned: Riley Sheahan!

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Looks like Holland is "Seeing what he has" with alot of these young kids. It is like he wants to play 10-11 rookies but not all at once.

I really hope offseason time we will get a better direction for this organization. I do not expect much out of Sheahan.

CloneHakanPlease*

Would of preferred Tatar if our goal is to make the playoffs but can't be mad at this.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Even if Z is ready to go, I'd replace Cleary or Emmerton with Sheahan. Wouldn't hurt.

But I think Z sits next game since Backes is going to go absolutely ape**** on his ass.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
if Z is healthy, sheahan has to go down. the wings cannot recall anyone anymore unless it's an emergency call up AFAIK. kenny said that around the deadline.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
The only way they can call somebody up is on an emergency basis. So, although its exciting to get him up here, it actually sucks because it means Zetterberg might not play. We need Hank bad for Sunday.

Detroit Sports*

The only way they can call somebody up is on an emergency basis. So, although its exciting to get him up here, it actually sucks because it means Zetterberg might not play. We need Hank bad for Sunday.

I don't understand why Sheahan over Tatar.I know he is bigger but Tomas is a better scorer.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
I don't understand why Sheahan over Tatar.I know he is bigger but Tomas is a better scorer.

Holland and Babcock are really high on Sheahan. I remember reading and article recently where Babs or Holland was saying they want to get Sheahan up for some games. In the long run, Sheahan has the chance to be a lot more valuable then Tatar.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Looks like Holland is "Seeing what he has" with alot of these young kids. It is like he wants to play 10-11 rookies but not all at once.

I really hope offseason time we will get a better direction for this organization. I do not expect much out of Sheahan.

Better direction:

Datsyuk - Nyquist - Bertuzzi
Zetterberg - Brunner - Filppula
Helm - Tatar - Abdelkader
Andersson - Tootoo - Miller/Emmerton

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Smith
Quincey - Kindl/Lashoff

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone

If I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg was playing at center and now that he is probably injured that means we need to call up someone who can play center. But I'm just guessing of course.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If he plays at the expense of Z I'm not so excited over this. He's earned a call up anyway.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg was playing at center and now that he is probably injured that means we need to call up someone who can play center. But I'm just guessing of course.

Zetterberg has been out before, and we still have 5 guys who can/have recently played center.

Pavel, Filppula, Andy, Emmerton, (Abby)

I'd almost guarantee that Sheahan was called up instead of Tatar because we're playing St. Louis, and Babcock is planning on going with a boring, defensive, grind it out game. Which means we'll probably be shutout. :laugh:

Detroit Sports*

Better direction:

Datsyuk - Nyquist - Bertuzzi
Zetterberg - Brunner - Filppula
Helm - Tatar - Abdelkader
Andersson - Tootoo - Miller/Emmerton

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Smith
Quincey - Kindl/Lashoff

I have no problem with this.But no Cleary so it won't happen

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
He played well in his one game with the big club. If I remember correctly, he took a couple early penalties though.

For a guy that hasn't been known for his scoring touch, he does have 16 goals with the Griffs this season.

Detroit Sports*

He played well in his one game with the big club. If I remember correctly, he took a couple early penalties though.

For a guy that hasn't been known for his scoring touch, he does have 16 goals with the Griffs this season.

I remember his one game.I didn't see much form an opinion one way or the other.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Zetterberg has been out before, and we still have 5 guys who can/have recently played center.

Pavel, Filppula, Andy, Emmerton, (Abby)

I'd almost guarantee that Sheahan was called up instead of Tatar because we're playing St. Louis, and Babcock is planning on going with a boring, defensive, grind it out game. Which means we'll probably be shutout. :laugh:

We've also already seen Tatar this year, give Sheahan a chance.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Everyone is going to throw a hissy when they realize that Gustav is going to be healthy scratch next game:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad