Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
It is still early on accari but i believe it was dom or kirk who said if not for the broken jaw he would have been up around christmas iirc. Seems the fo is really high on him in that role.

The FO is also really high on making players develop in the minors and only coming up when they're ready to have an impact. At his year end presser, Sweeney said he felt like they were forced to play young players before they were really ready and that he wanted to have enough depth at the NHL level so that wouldn't happen again. Not fair to the young player, and all that. When he said this, I thought of Acciari. So, we'll see. I'm not anti Noel, and I do believe they're high on him and would have liked him to get a taste of the NHL earlier in the season last year, I'm just not convinced they intended that taste to last all season or that they feel he's fully developed.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Another decent move. I remember hearing the name when they played Carolina but that was about it. Seems like he'll be a strong presence for the third line.

CountrytotheCore

May 7, 2009
C-town NH/CT
The FO is also really high on making players develop in the minors and only coming up when they're ready to have an impact. At his year end presser, Sweeney said he felt like they were forced to play young players before they were really ready and that he wanted to have enough depth at the NHL level so that wouldn't happen again. Not fair to the young player, and all that. When he said this, I thought of Acciari. So, we'll see. I'm not anti Noel, and I do believe they're high on him and would have liked him to get a taste of the NHL earlier in the season last year, I'm just not convinced they intended that taste to last all season or that they feel he's fully developed.

I agree if nash is a better center than play accari at lw. We need the hammer that accari is imo. Kid kills pens and throws the body better than any forward we have.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
honestly can`t comment on Nash as I just haven`t noticed him much when playing the Canes? What kind of a game does he play?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
honestly can`t comment on Nash as I just haven`t noticed him much when playing the Canes? What kind of a game does he play?

He reminds me of Rich Peverly. Maybe not quite as skilled.

Good two-way guy, right-shot, can take face-offs, versatile. Not tremendously physical but solid hockey IQ and can kill penalties.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire

Good two-way guy, right-shot, can take face-offs, versatile. Not tremendously physical but solid hockey IQ and can kill penalties.

I was going to say, from what I hear he sounds like a Dan Paille type, at least when he was still decent.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd like to see a third line of

Beleskey -- Backes -- Nash

Industrious, hard working, gritty, two way third line that can pitch in offense.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I like Riley Nash, but I don't like him anywhere near the third line.

Fourth line wing/center. Anything more means injuries and/or under achievement.

He's averaged 13:45 TTOI for his career, which is 3rd line/4th line tweener minutes. Last year, he averaged 11:04 ES minutes. In comparison, Ryan Spooner averaged 12:12 at ES. I think Nash can cut it on a revamped third line IMO, especially if he's playing with a quality center like Backes.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He's averaged 13:45 TTOI for his career, which is 3rd line/4th line tweener minutes. Last year, he averaged 11:04 ES minutes. In comparison, Ryan Spooner averaged 12:12 at ES. I think Nash can cut it on a revamped third line IMO, especially if he's playing with a quality center like Backes.

Remember how **** Jimmy Hayes is? Well he's scored more goals in the last two seasons alone than Nash has in his entire NHL career.

Can he cut it? Maybe. Perhaps.

But if that's the plan, our third line takes a step backwards rather than progressing. It best not be the plan.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Remember how **** Jimmy Hayes is? Well he's scored more goals in the last two seasons alone than Nash has in his entire NHL career.

But if that's the plan, our third line takes a step backwards rather than progressing. It best not be the plan.

With Nash vs Hayes, I think less about the goals and more about the effort, which he has Hayes beat in that department, especially on the defensive end and a much better skater. He's also played on a worse team, which does effect his numbers a bit. His CORSI possession numbers look better than Hayes' as well, which is huge on a grinding line that wants to play heavy on the puck ( assuming Backes is the center ). Career games are similar, PPG favors JH slightly ( .39 to .33 ). I think Nash's overall game is better than Hayes', while Backes is much better suited to be a third line checking center that can provide some offense than Spooner.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Yea, I'm not sure what people are thinking having this guy on the 3rd line. But then again, before the season started people thought Hayes could cut it on the 1st line.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

thx friend, it`s not necessarily a bad thing when I watch a game that I don`t notice every player. I like the $$ on him too

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I agree. I'd like to think the Bruins are trying to build 3 scoring lines. It was a big factor in Pitts winning the Cup. It was a big factor in Boston winning the Cup. And they're close.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's a player I'm sure Julien likes. Another guy who will play wing but can step in to take faceoffs. I'm thinking most fans will like his game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I said the same thing. I had to text Joe. Dan and Jes just to get a scouting report. I remember hearing his name vs the Bruins but couldn't tell you what position he played or what line he was on.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yea, I'm not sure what people are thinking having this guy on the 3rd line. But then again, before the season started people thought Hayes could cut it on the 1st line.

If we can get a better option on the third line that Nash/Hayes, having Nash as the 4th line center would be great and ideal. I just don't see Hayes as a better option than Nash on a line with Backes unless something changes with Hayes' consistency and overall game.

Don Cherry*

I agree. Kelly-Accari-Nash with Randell as the heavy sub looks damn good 2 me.
When did Kelly sign? At this point I'd prefer to move on from him and let Claude find a new love. I had no idea Kelly was back in the fold.

BornBruliever

Aug 18, 2011
kelly is kellys replacement, should happen this weekend, kinda feel bad for Ferlin he may vanish in the system now

I'd prefer to keep both Krejci and Spooner but if we do trade one for D help, I'd be on board for re-signing Kelly for a year as long as he stayed on the 4th line.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Nash should be a decent 4th line guy. I have him on my 4th line in NHL 16 because that's where I feel he belongs. If anything he is more proven than anybody we put out there last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad