Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He reminds me of Rich Peverly. Maybe not quite as skilled.

Good two-way guy, right-shot, can take face-offs, versatile. Not tremendously physical but solid hockey IQ and can kill penalties.

Can he skate like Peverley ? Still recall what a boost Peverley's skating was in 2011.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If we can get a better option on the third line that Nash/Hayes, having Nash as the 4th line center would be great and ideal. I just don't see Hayes as a better option than Nash on a line with Backes unless something changes with Hayes' consistency and overall game.

Maybe Backes can "motivate" Hayes and get him to play on a consistent basis.

Honestly I like Nash as a 4th liner who can play up on 3rd if there are injuries, but if he is booked in as a regular 3rd liner, then I don't think that line is good enough

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=888345

Am I the only one who missed this? Nash is decent. 900k. Good low risk signing. Connolly replacement maybe? Not sure of his handedness but hes listed as a C, might be put at RW.

Former first round pick in 2007.

Bottom 6 mucker/grinder. Bruins love to stock the cupboard with guys like this. He doesn't move the needle but he adds depth and he's cheap.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

I like Riley Nash, but I don't like him anywhere near the third line.

Fourth line wing/center. Anything more means injuries and/or under achievement.

On THIS team, don't be shocked if he occasionally elevates from 4 up to 3 every now and again. And, I'm ok with that.

Probably gonna be our best 4th liner. No problem at all with this acquisition.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
riley nash good size, good skating ability, but reason he has been a 3rd and mostly 4th line player is a lack of scoring touch. Cannot put the puck in the net, alla Daniele Paille.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Maybe Backes can "motivate" Hayes and get him to play on a consistent basis.

Honestly I like Nash as a 4th liner who can play up on 3rd if there are injuries, but if he is booked in as a regular 3rd liner, then I don't think that line is good enough

If a Spooner trade is on the way, it certainly opens up the third line to put Hayes or someone else on it. I liked the idea of having Nash on the third line RW, but he's probably the next best center to help stabilize the 4th line.

I've always liked JH, but his last half of the year was very disappointing. He needs to learn to deal with the distractions and criticisms from both fans and coaches and focus on playing hard every night and using the criticism as means to change his game instead of sulking about it. If Backes can motivate Hayes to use his size a little more and get his wheels churning, he can have carve himself a Troy Brouwer-esque career here as a 20/20 guy on the third line.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If a Spooner trade is on the way, it certainly opens up the third line to put Hayes or someone else on it. I liked the idea of having Nash on the third line RW, but he's probably the next best center to help stabilize the 4th line.

I've always liked JH, but his last half of the year was very disappointing. He needs to learn to deal with the distractions and criticisms from both fans and coaches and focus on playing hard every night and using the criticism as means to change his game instead of sulking about it. If Backes can motivate Hayes to use his size a little more and get his wheels churning, he can have carve himself a Troy Brouwer-esque career here as a 20/20 guy on the third line.

Oh my God, this has to be one of the most unrealistic posts ever, Dude, I respect your posts, I really do, but Hayes is never, ever going to even come close to being anything like Brouwer. Not if he gets a Million tries at it.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Nice!!! I think this is our new 4th line center.

Nash has good size, he's youngish (27), works his bag off winning battles and competing, blocks shots, kills penalties, he's pretty good at the dot, and he chips in with pretty decent offense for a 4th liner (10 goals, 25 points).

Been beating the "too early for Acciari" drum for awhile. I think people forget he was a first year pro last year. Let Acciari go down and develop his offensive game. He'll be the first line center in Providence (and they need some quality centers down there or the wing prospects will die on the vine), and get to play in all situations.

Sound points all, though NA acquitted himself very well when given the late opportunity.

This is what training camp is for.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Oh my God, this has to be one of the most unrealistic posts ever, Dude, I respect your posts, I really do, but Hayes is never, ever going to even come close to being anything like Brouwer. Not if he gets a Million tries at it.

Probably not and I know it's wishful thinking. Honestly, I'd like to see him get moved but I don't think that's happening.

He's not that far off from being a 20/20 guy if he can find some consistency in his game. It should have happened this year, but the wheels completely fell off his wagon around the halfway point. If he can't get it playing with first Spooner and ( presumably ) now Backes, he'll most likely never hit those marks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad